Changing Language to german?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Changing Language to german?ab228312/13/2008 - 12:27

Hi,
a few weeks ago I bought WoG directly here, at 2dboy.com. Now since the boxed version is in stores in Germany, I'm assuming the German translation is complete ;)
Actually I've been reading the mods and hacks forum including the language related threads. Yet I still don't have a clue what I need to do to get my copy in German. Can anyone help out ?  ???

Thanks!

Re: Changing Language to german?davidc12/13/2008 - 17:55

[quote author=ab2283 link=topic=1038.msg7243#msg7243 date=1229189264]
a few weeks ago I bought WoG directly here, at 2dboy.com. Now since the boxed version is in stores in Germany, I'm assuming the German translation is complete ;)
Actually I've been reading the mods and hacks forum including the language related threads. Yet I still don't have a clue what I need to do to get my copy in German. Can anyone help out ?  ???

The retail boxed version in Germany is actually the same as 1.30 on this site.

You can switch to German by editing properties\config.txt and changing the language to en.

You can download updated translations here: http://hell.student.utwente.nl/wog/download-text.php

Re: Changing Language to german?NightFright12/13/2008 - 19:05

You mean editing the config.txt and change language to "de"! ;)
Well, if you chose "German" during installation process, the game itself should already be in German. Since an outdated text.xml.bin was provided, I indeed recommend going to that site above, choose "German" in the checkbox, download the new file and replace the old one (in "properties" subdir).

Re: Changing Language to german?ab228312/13/2008 - 20:35

Awesome, thanks!