Wii trailer + interview!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Wii trailer + interview!spinyanteater04/18/2008 - 02:09

Indiegames.com are featuring World of Goo Wii trailer and interview with Ron and Kyle, taken at the Nintendo Media Summit (movies actually from Game Trailers - dubbed music arrggh!).

http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2008/04/interview_world_of_goo_2d_boy.html

Re: Wii trailer + interview!Dil99904/18/2008 - 02:33

Heh, they botched the editing job.  Kyle is the Co-FounGer of 2D-Boy apparently.
Sadly, there isn't much new info in these videos.  The only thing it revealed is that world of goo looks amazing!  Oh, and the new cursor is great.

Re: Wii trailer + interview!matto199004/20/2008 - 16:15

Yer it does look good. Nothing in there we dont already know though :(

Re: Wii trailer + interview!t104/21/2008 - 19:00

Awesome, nice to put faces to the names.

Handsome devils.  :D

Re: Wii trailer + interview!spinyanteater04/22/2008 - 15:57

OK, there is something that bothers me, though feel free to point and laugh.

I've not thought too much about the fate of the goo balls that we collect because I suspected it may not be great, but in this interview Kyle makes it very clear and I can't ignore it any more! When we play the game, we are on the side of evil, trying to send as many goo balls as possible to the Corporation for destruction. Goo balls are so cute! I don't want them to meet an horrible fate!

Anyway, how does that tie in with it being a family game with parents and kids playing together? "Come on kids, lets destroy some cute defenceless things together!"

Please tell me that I've missed something and there's more to the story than this!

Re: Wii trailer + interview!WorldOfGooCorporation04/22/2008 - 18:07

World of Goo Corporation is enthusiastic about the opportunity to work with Goo and Goo related Product on current and future campaigns and projects.

Re: Wii trailer + interview!Carp04/22/2008 - 22:04

[quote author=WorldOfGooCorporation link=topic=104.msg851#msg851 date=1208905662]
World of Goo Corporation is enthusiastic about the opportunity to work with Goo and Goo related Product on current and future campaigns and projects.

Said like a true PR master. ;)

Re: Wii trailer + interview!Dil99904/22/2008 - 22:33

Heh, greatest user ever.

Re: Wii trailer + interview!Unit_DTH05/28/2008 - 19:45

I think it teaches children that all things cute and cuddly eventually are eaten!? :o

Re: Wii trailer + interview!Ballisticsfood05/29/2008 - 06:54

Cuddly? Try cuddling a gooball and all that happens is you get messy. They are veeery cute though.

And I think there may be more to the story; you may well end up explodifying Wog corp in a truly epic way. Or maybe you alert the world to the plight of your gooballs and thus save them from being made into beauty product and industrial lubricant. Or maybe you don't, and WoG corp drives all the gooballs to the edge of extinction thanks to you. I'm just guessing here.