Slow Download

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Slow DownloadPannder12/16/2008 - 15:17

Hi there,
I just bought World of Goo, because I want to support the "no-DRM-way" and I think World of Goo is really a great game. (the demo was pretty cool)
I got the downloadlink instantly after my payment, but the download is pretty slow, average 35KB/s sometimes dropping below 30. (it's not my fault got DSL 6000)
I don't think that it's impudent to expect a better downloadrate for a paid game, almost every illegal download would be much faster.
Greetings Pannder

Re: Slow Downloaddavidc12/16/2008 - 15:35

I'm getting around 150, I guess their server is overloaded right now. Before the bluehost shutdown it was pretty fast I think, maybe theplanet/servermatrix is throttling them.
also amazon S3 would be a pretty cheap and easy way to help here.

Last modified Wed, 12/17/2008 - 10:07 by davidc
Re: Slow DownloadPannder12/16/2008 - 15:49

Download is finished now anyway. Just wanted to tell, maybe they don't know about these slow dl-rates yet.

Re: Slow Downloaddavidc12/16/2008 - 15:54

Ron and Kyle are taking a well-deserved break, let's hope it doesn't slow down too much on Christmas day when everyone gets their gift e-mails :-)

Re: Slow DownloadBoudin12/16/2008 - 17:52

Download is pretty slow for me too but as the installer is small it didn't bother me.

Re: Slow DownloadThe Happy Friar12/16/2008 - 22:30

hit download & go to bed.  It's faster then 10 years ago when a game this size was normal & it's as fast as downloading a 5gb now.  :)