Battle of the physics!!!!!!!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Battle of the physics!!!!!!!Crazynoodle12/19/2008 - 09:13

WoG is amazing. I think that right now it takes the cake for current building/physics games. It was even voted best wii game of the year on IGN. But, Tiki Towers is coming to wiiware, it doesnt look as good, but it boldly proposed it has better physics, so let that battle begin!

Personally i think tiki towers will die in the competition, WoG is too amazing :)

Re: Battle of the physics!!!!!!!Turing_entourage01/07/2009 - 09:49

8) I'll have to check that out!  Sounds interesting!

I published a physics paper within the last several years myself.  Checkout "Sending a Space Probe to Alpha Centauri on a Voyage of Five to Ten Years" (2005), available from the American Institute of Physics (Online or at the Library).

By the way, I'm an old Assembler programmer who did a lot with graphics in the 1980's.  I'd like to get into video game programming.  Any ideas on who to contact?

turing_entourage@fastmail.fm

Re: Battle of the physics!!!!!!!tair00101/07/2009 - 10:36

Crayon Physics Deluxe is out today...

Re: Battle of the physics!!!!!!!DEFE01/07/2009 - 20:20

[quote author=Tair link=topic=1072.msg8485#msg8485 date=1231342607]
Crayon Physics Deluxe is out today...

Thanks for the heads up, Tair.

Re: Battle of the physics!!!!!!!dakira01/08/2009 - 22:38

Man.. I can't believe how lame a copy tiki towers is.. unbelievable..

But hooray to Crayon Physics!

Re: Battle of the physics!!!!!!!nferno02/15/2009 - 14:31

I've been doing a little research on Tiki Towers (TT) and it really isn't as shameful of a World of Goo (WoG) ripoff as you might think. You see, development of TT was started long before WoG was released. Also, I wouldn't really call TT's physics engine more advanced, but it does use a different system than WoG. The main advantage basically is that their engine allows tower sections to actually break, which isn't possible in WoG. (I'm no physics guru, so I can't go into more detail than that...) TT also has some other gameplay elements like "enemy chiefs" that will try to stop you from building your tower by, for example, putting sections on fire.

Apart from that, WoG definitely is so much better, mainly because of its atmosphere: The music, the art style and the storyline all feel very genuine and that's what gives WoG a lot of soul, whereas TT feels much more generic with a "monkeys in the jungle" theme (, which makes it a more approachable game by the average Joe). None the less, I've purchased both WoG and TT, and I should say that TT feels just as polished as WoG. TT also is pretty fun, but it just doesn't have as much soul as WoG, that's all...

On the other hand, TT still easily is worth the money. I mean, come on, a measily 79 eurocents (1$) doesn't even buy me a can of coke. :) You really can't complain for such a ridiculous small amount of money. (At least, that's what it costs for the iPhone... Don't know about the Wii version... no clue how much 500 Wii points is worth.)

Oh, if you feel like reading up some more on TT (and the differences with WoG), I suggest checking out this interview: http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2008/12/realarcade_interview_tiki_towers