Final version question

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Final version questionMischief Maker04/19/2008 - 10:35

Hello!

I'm strongly considering preordering, I just have one question.  The FAQ said the final version won't have server problems when entering the registration key.  Does this mean the final version will have a local password unlock, like Aquaria and Harvest, or will it still require registration to a remote computer to finish the install, like Gish or a reflexive game?

Also, how will the world of goo corporation game work if your machine is not connected to the internet?

Re: Final version questionTom Brouws04/19/2008 - 15:54

[quote author=Mischief Maker link=topic=108.msg808#msg808 date=1208619358]
Hello!

I'm strongly considering preordering, I just have one question.  The FAQ said the final version won't have server problems when entering the registration key.  Does this mean the final version will have a local password unlock, like Aquaria and Harvest, or will it still require registration to a remote computer to finish the install, like Gish or a reflexive game?

Also, how will the world of goo corporation game work if your machine is not connected to the internet?

You don't have to unlock the full game at all. You can play straight away. And you can still build your tower in WOG corporation, but you can only uplosd it and see other people's clouds when connected to the internet.