Got it free from a friend then HAPPILY BOUGHT IT! :)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Got it free from a friend then HAPPILY BOUGHT IT! :)antic12/26/2008 - 03:19

I just want to say I didn't "need" to buy this game - I check out a lot of games before thinking of buying them, and mostly I'm bored before the end of whatever passes for the first level.

However this time I felt no hesitation in buying, as the play value actually seems to exceeded the price - it's usually the other way around! I think the public have a good idea of what something is worth, and feel most games are way overpriced for what they deliver.  We know it takes effort to write a game, but we are also aware of a) its limited play life, and b) how much of our money doesn't even go to those directly involved.

So you well deserve your first $20 million for being both talented and fair.  Amazing job guys! You have impressed people enough to buy something when we didn't even have to, and I'm sure that indicates your "experiment" is not only a drumming success, but has bought you a lot of goodwill for your future projects.

People will always support those who don't try to overcharge and under-deliver - we are sadly too used to that (I think pirating, in large part, results from a high level of consumer cynicism). Products like World of Goo also serve to reminds us all what quality *really means*. We need to be reminded from time to time, in a world where the norm is hype and repetition, in almost all forms of media.

Maybe one day the norm will be Goo. Oh happy day that will be! :)

Last modified Fri, 12/26/2008 - 03:43 by antic
Re: Got it free from a friend then HAPPILY BOUGHT IT! :)Ceromus12/26/2008 - 07:35

I also recieved a pirated copy of this game.  I found it so entertaining after just a few levels of the first world I purchased the PC version and the WiiWare version.  I kind of regret not picking it up on amazon though so I can have the retail box hehe.

When I got to world #2 at the windmill stage I realized the game wasn't just good it was down right amazing.

Re: Got it free from a friend then HAPPILY BOUGHT IT! :)merddyn200201/07/2009 - 22:54

+1. tried the trial and happily bought the game. I could have easily found it on a torrent but I enjoy support innovative games and designers. This game is  one of the best i've seen in a while. Great job and I'm sending all my friends the TRIAL. :)