Buying a second copy by donation?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Buying a second copy by donation?wombat194012/26/2008 - 11:23

I bought and downloaded a copy of World of ZGoo for my two g'daughters.  They love it and each have their own profile on the one computer. No problems.  I'm looking on how to legally "buy" a second copy for a niece and a nephew who live 2000 kilometers away.  I note my direction to the web page to download a copy for my G'kids is still open and operative.  Therefore I could direct my niece and nephew to the web page and they could download.  But how do I pay? Donation? Surely not re-register in the same name.

I think you can also see the problem with the web page still being open for downloads.  No ..... I won't spell it out .... but it could lead to copies being distributed by the less scrupulous.  You might gather I used to be in the publishing business.

Re: Buying a second copy by donation?Mincus12/26/2008 - 13:15

As I understand it, there's now a gifting system: http://2dboy.com/2008/12/08/the-gift-of-goo/

Re: Buying a second copy by donation?wombat194012/27/2008 - 03:39

Thank you.  Yes I actually used the gifting system for giving to the g'kids and I intend to use the same for my niece and nephew.

Oh!!! Are you saying because I purchased a copy for gifting then I can gift to a g'kids, niece, nephew, brother, girlfriend, etc?

I'll re-read the 2D Boy purchaser gifting authority.

Thanks.

Re: Buying a second copy by donation?wombat194012/27/2008 - 04:56

Well I've found my "Answer" by reading the 90% Piracy Blog topic.  I don't care what the rule is: I'm buying a second copy to gift.

Good luck 2D Boy's; I think you're getting robbed!