For those that pre-ordered...

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
For those that pre-ordered...fudgywudgy05/05/2008 - 12:13

Ok, so I pre-ordered WoG and have enjoyed the preview chapter...  Just wondering if we'll still be getting the full game a week earlier than everyone else (as stated on the home page) because WiiWare launches in North America next week on May 12th and WoG is slated for release on that same day so will those of us that pre-ordered be receiving our download links via Email within the next couple of days??? 

Hope so.

Re: For those that pre-ordered...tair00105/05/2008 - 13:20

I would desperately like to believe your hypothesis, but as far as we've seen Kyle and Ron are still testing out their Mac port, and a second beta test was also meant to be in the pipeline and hasn't surfaced yet, so I get the feeling there's still a way to go.

[cough] A little heads-up on how far along the game is might be nice guys! [cough cough]

When and where did you hear that WoG was going to be released the same day as WiiWare? Can you post a link please, I'm intrigued!

Re: For those that pre-ordered...kyle05/05/2008 - 13:38

I hope sites aren't reporting WoG will be released on May 12 with wiiware. It would be irresponsible journalism!

We will do a round of beta testing before submitting the final build to nintendo, so you will know about it for sure.

Re: For those that pre-ordered...Dil99905/05/2008 - 17:18

I think June/July is the current estimate of when the game is coming out right now.

Re: For those that pre-ordered...The Happy Friar05/05/2008 - 20:39

NP said 3rd quarter '08 I think.

but thanks for reminding wiiware comes out a a little over a week!  :)

Re: For those that pre-ordered...fudgywudgy05/06/2008 - 13:28

Actually the site that it was posted on was IGN under their release dates.  As of today, IGN still lists WoG as being slated for release at the time of the WiiWare launch (May 12th, /08).  You might want to write the guys at IGN only because of all the press that WoG has received lately, you wouldn't want to frustrate any gamers who believe WoG is part of the WiiWare launch.  Here's a link just in case and I just checked this info out again at 2:30pmEST

http://wii.ign.com/index/release.html

Thanks for your reply though guys.  Hopefully IGN will fix that before the guys at 2Dboy start receiving emails regarding WoG and why wasn't "isn't available on WiiWare" on the 12th.  It's probably just a careless mistake on the part of some IGN staff member.

Re: For those that pre-ordered...Chris Evans05/07/2008 - 08:31

Not the last time, but the time before I spoke to the guys they said they were aiming for a June/July completion. Link.