Co-op and Competitive ideas; Funny fisty pics; where to buy Tower of Goo Shirt?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Co-op and Competitive ideas; Funny fisty pics; where to buy Tower of Goo Shirt?Seidnerz of the Goo!05/18/2008 - 11:51

I saw this game in a Nintendo Power article but really wanted to see the review for Mario Kart Wii. I proceeded and forgot to go back. Subconciously I must have remembered because one day I randomly decided to search World of Goo. It looked so good I decided to preorder it despite the fact that it I would have to buy it on PC then. I thought "the Wiimote wouldn't be that different from a mouse anyway." After playing the preview for hours, lurking the forums, and going to multiple Targets for the "Tower of Goo" Shirt I decided to look at the article again. It said that there was a Co-op mode exclusive to the Wii version.

Is this true? Will there be Co-op exclusive levels? Will there be benefits exclusive to the PC version?

P.S. Where can I find the "Tower of Goo" shirt?

Last modified Sun, 05/18/2008 - 16:26 by Seidnerz of the Goo!
Re: Co-opSeidnerz of the Goo!05/18/2008 - 14:24

While I was waiting for someone to reply I got bored and decided to try to match Marius's 13 gooballs in Fisty's bog. I have an idea about how to do it although it's not working well so far but I'll keep it secret untill I'm sure it doesn't work. Before I had this idea however I had an idea that definately doesn't work to knock fisty over. I thought that might help somehow. Anyway he wouldn't budge but I ended up giving him a new type of wedgie that I thought you guys might like to see. I call it "Balloon Wedgie a la Goo Underpants a la Frog" Enjoy and then answer my previous questions. (The first picture's just the set up.)

Attachment: WorldOfGoo 2008-05-18 14-48-59-99.jpg (45.23 KB, 413 downloads)
Attachment: WorldOfGoo 2008-05-18 14-49-42-82.jpg (49.32 KB, 409 downloads)
Re: Co-opDil99905/18/2008 - 15:03

Co-op only levels have not been announced yet, but now that I think of it, it's a great idea.
I believe that the PC version will have the advantage of having a level editor.

Re: Co-opBallisticsfood05/18/2008 - 15:17

I had an idea about USB mice, but as dil said, nothing has been announced.

Oh, and your tagline is flawed. Houses made from red goo would have lots of tiny triangular holes in them. Not that is isn't an awesome idea, you understand. Especially since you'd be able to attach balloon goos and have a flying goo house!

Re: Co-opSeidnerz of the Goo!05/18/2008 - 15:20

[quote author=Dil999 link=topic=128.msg985#msg985 date=1211141021]
Co-op only levels have not been announced yet, but now that I think of it, it's a great idea.
I believe that the PC version will have the advantage of having a level editor.

So the level editor is comfirmed? You have just made my day and for that take this!

Attachment: Cookie.jpg (5.91 KB, 520 downloads)
Re: Co-opSeidnerz of the Goo!05/18/2008 - 15:40

[quote author=Ballisticsfood link=topic=128.msg986#msg986 date=1211141841]
I had an idea about USB mice, but as dil said, nothing has been announced.

Oh, and your tagline is flawed. Houses made from red goo would have lots of tiny triangular holes in them. Not that is isn't an awesome idea, you understand. Especially since you'd be able to attach balloon goos and have a flying goo house!

We wouldn't need USB mice if Kyle and Ron decided to use SteamWorks. They have a free online matchmaking service so we could have online co-op. Which reminds me I need to think of a competitive multiplayer mode to suggest just in case they decide to use steam works. By the way my signiture/tagline is only flawed in your covoluted world with 3D-ness. In the 2D world of goo in which I live unless I have to eat or sleep, there would be two scenarios. One is that the fires would start on the outside in which case the walls would block it. The other is that it starts on the inside but the oven/microwave/person who started it would only be suspended in one triangle/truss so only that oven/microwave would burn and the red goo would prevent it from spreading and no lives would be lost unless a person started it but if they tried to collapse the house on other people they deserved to be turned to ashes in their little truss anyway. By the way what did you guys think of my Fisty pics. Oh and despite the fact that you, Ballistics Food, insulted my sig I will still alow you to have some of the cookie I gave to Dil if it's ok with him.

Re: Co-opSeidnerz of the Goo!05/18/2008 - 16:09

In my last post I said Id think of some competitive multiplayer mode to suggest in case we use Steam works. Ok here it is. It's 2 players. You could vote on any of the levels you unlocked so far. If both people vote on the same level. It get's picked. If they vote on different levels they have 10 seconds to build the highest tower with unlimited balls. Winner's level is picked.

If there's a level editor you could pick one of the levels you made too. If that level get's picked and the person who made it loses then the person who win's get's a popup message asking if they want to to download it. If the level's creator win's the the loser get's a popup message asking if they want to to download it BUT the winner get's to decide if they want to let them. Once the level is chosen you play.

You race to the pipe without any direct interaction with the opponent. However there will be sub pipes in various places. (If there's a level editor you'll have the option to put those in.) If you build a tower to these sub pipes you can turn them on and off. While on they'll. suck goos in and spit them out on the oppenents screen as attack goos.

Black attack goos: Attatches to oppenents tower in a way that will unbalance it.
Green attack goos: same as black except it reatatches as the tower's weakpoints change.
White attack goos: Causes Goo opponent hasn't used yet to fall asleep.
Balloon attack goos: Atatches onto oppenent's tower but pulls down because it is full of lead instead of helium.
Red attack goos: Burns the oppenent's Goos that is most vital to their tower.
(We'll add more as they come)

Anyway first one to the main pipe wins. By the way I'm still waiting for answers to what Targets sell the "Tower of Goo" shirt and responses to my Fisty Pics.

Re: Co-opCarp05/18/2008 - 18:32

There's a pretty good idea in there. Make it so there's nothing left to take away(rather than nothing left to add).
As for the Fisty pics...meh, they're just kinda juvenile.

Last modified Sun, 05/18/2008 - 18:38 by Carp
Re: Co-op and Competitive ideas; Funny fisty pics; where to buy Tower of Goo Shirt?Seidnerz of the Goo!05/18/2008 - 18:41

Carp I'm confused about what you meant when you said "Make it so there's nothing left to take away(rather than nothing left to add)" Also you made me scared about growing up. I won't be the same person sitting in this chair right now when I start thinking frog wedgies aren't funny. ;)

Re: Co-op and Competitive ideas; Funny fisty pics; where to buy Tower of Goo ShCarp05/18/2008 - 20:34

[quote author=Seidnerz of the Goo! link=topic=128.msg991#msg991 date=1211154075]
Carp I'm confused about what you meant when you said "Make it so there's nothing left to take away(rather than nothing left to add)" Also you made me scared about growing up. I won't be the same person sitting in this chair right now when I start thinking frog wedgies aren't funny. ;)

For instance, the voting and 10-second tower competition are unnecessary. If the players can't agree on a level, they don't play. Also, the bit about sharing levels after a competition...just make it voluntary for both players, or make a separate site altogether for that.
Indeed you will be a different person. The idea is that you'll be a /better/ person. Not that who you are isn't fine. (I don't know you so I can't tell)

Re: Co-op and Competitive ideas; Funny fisty pics; where to buy Tower of Goo ShSeidnerz of the Goo!05/18/2008 - 20:58

[quote author=Carp link=topic=128.msg992#msg992 date=1211160872]
[quote author=Seidnerz of the Goo! link=topic=128.msg991#msg991 date=1211154075]

For instance, the voting and 10-second tower competition are unnecessary. If the players can't agree on a level, they don't play. Also, the bit about sharing levels after a competition...just make it voluntary for both players, or make a separate site altogether for that.
Indeed you will be a different person. The idea is that you'll be a /better/ person. Not that who you are isn't fine. (I don't know you so I can't tell

How would the child in me dying make me a better person. (Not saying the fact that it happened to you makes you any worse. It just doesn't make you better either. Just different; a different sense of humor which I respect.)

Anyway you're right the level picking process was tedious although I still think you should be able to "win" the right to download your oppenent's level