Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?Unit_DTH05/27/2008 - 19:09

So, I'm just wondering who the publisher for this game will be or perhaps the potential publisher... since it is my most anticipated, and many ppl I know as well's, most anticipated WiiWare title.  I am disappointed at the size allowances for the WiiWare games and the fact that nintendo has yet to deliver some type of HDD or SD reading ability of the Wii's firmware.  But, mainly just want to see this game get a publisher and get released ;D

Re: Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?The Happy Friar05/27/2008 - 19:32

i thought nintendo said they were the publisher of wiiware games.

but it could be like steam where valve's the publisher but there can be a middle-man publisher to handle things like tech support & what not.

Re: Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?Unit_DTH05/27/2008 - 19:38

Well on all the sites I've seen with references to WoG on wiiware it says the publisher is TBA... and I don't think nintendo is the publisher just the licenser for all the wiiware games e.g. Square Enix published FFCC: My life as the King WiiWare launch title, but nintendo licensed it.

Re: Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?kyle05/28/2008 - 11:55

Yeah, it's possible to get a 3rd party publisher to help you get on wiiware. They would probably do stuff like QA, marketing, give you some upfront cash if you needed it, and other stuff.

So in that sense, we're "publishing" ourselves with WiiWare. Funded out of our own savings, doing our own QA, and for "marketing" we just hope people like it and tell their friends! Luckily, Nintendo has been great to work with, and it's very possible for a small dev studio like us to work with them directly.

Re: Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?Unit_DTH05/28/2008 - 13:14

How can I help e.g. send 2D boy a check to help with the expenses?

Re: Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?kyle05/28/2008 - 13:53

Thanks! Luckily, we're doing ok on cash right now, so no need to worry about us. Of course, you can always buy lots of pre-orders and gift them to friends and family!

Probably the best way anyone can help is to tell people/forums/yourblog/etc about the game. We don't have any marketing, and rely entirely on word of mouth.

Re: Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?Unit_DTH05/28/2008 - 14:43

I'm all over it like a wet fart! ;D

Re: Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?Ballisticsfood05/29/2008 - 06:50

How pleasant.

Re: Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?The Happy Friar05/29/2008 - 10:57

that means it's all over you, right?  Since a wet fart is all over you...  :o

Re: Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?Unit_DTH05/29/2008 - 12:10

[quote author=The Happy Friar link=topic=130.msg1014#msg1014 date=1212076628]
that means it's all over you, right?  Since a wet fart is all over you...   :o

Drat, someone found the flaw in my statement!;)

Re: Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?tristen77806/23/2008 - 08:52

Alright in fact I want the game to come out and I've told my friends at school about the game and I pre-ordered already so I've got work to do.

Re: Who will be the Publisher for WoG on WiiWare?Ballisticsfood06/24/2008 - 15:35

As have/do we all, friend. As have/do we all.

And yes, the duality of that sentence does make sense.