need help again (noob)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
need help again (noob)GOOMAN01/18/2009 - 06:58

still i dont know how to make screeshots
do i have to upload profile?
i saw a list of all players and my name is not in it.

help plz  :( :( :( :(

Re: need help again (noob)herminator01/18/2009 - 07:35

You have to upload a file called pers2.dat, which is the file where World of Goo stores all its information in.

The site at http://hell.student.utwente.nl/wog/index.php has a list of where your data is stored depending on yout operating system. On windows, this starts with %USERPROFILE%, which is the location depending on the name you normally log in with.

A quick way to get to that location is:
Go to the site http://hell.student.utwente.nl/wog/index.php
Click "Browse..." in the top left (a window will come up)
Copy the correct location string given, for windows XP it's %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo
Paste the location into the "File name" box of the browse window that came up, and press enter (or click "Open")
Now, you should be at the right location
Select pers2.dat and click "Open" (the window should close, and now the text box left of "Browse..." is filled.
Select "Upload" and wait for it to finish. It will give you a direct link to your uploaded profile.

Re: need help again (noob)GOOMAN01/18/2009 - 12:01

ty !!!
ill try it, then i call back

Re: need help again (noob)GOOMAN01/18/2009 - 12:19

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TY
it worked, my aplications ware hidden so i didnt now how to do it before i asked for help
anyway i own you  ;D ;D

Re: need help again (noob)herminator01/18/2009 - 13:29

[quote author=GOOMAN link=topic=1317.msg8837#msg8837 date=1232299155]
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
TY
it worked, my aplications ware hidden so i didnt now how to do it before i asked for help
anyway i own you  ;D ;D

Congrats ;D

Oh, and I hope you mean "owe" ;)