Sign Painter, I love you

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Sign Painter, I love youPurple Pikming01/25/2009 - 16:03

Reading the Sign Painter's final sign, as he finally reaches his goal as the Telescope Operator, nearly made me weep. The Sign Painter's funny comments and quirky personality made him almost real, even though you never see him. SO I'm starting an official Sign Painter Fan Club!

To join, simply post here and give a reason why you love the Sign Painter!

-Your Friend, The Sign Painter

Re: Sign Painter, I love youspazturtle01/25/2009 - 16:17

The sign painter is the best full stop.

Re: Sign Painter, I love youFluffyWolf201/25/2009 - 19:05

The sign painter made my life complete. Hands down!

Re: Sign Painter, I love youEak01/25/2009 - 20:22

Whenever I went into a level, the first thing I looked for was a sign. In fact, his beautiful flow of words were the main thing I was looking forward to when I was about to click a challenge. You can write me down. 

Re: Sign Painter, I love youluiginator01/26/2009 - 03:19

I like his subtle breaking of the fourth wall. He knows his life is a video game, but he seems to take it in stride.

Re: Sign Painter, I love youDEFE01/26/2009 - 19:08

The Sign Painter's commentary really breathed life into the game. He provided language where the squeaking goo balls couldn't. He was our friend throughout the game.

Re: Sign Painter, I love you30jon01/26/2009 - 23:11

He gave me hints on how to solve a level

Re: Sign Painter, I love youKeiran01/28/2009 - 20:39

Because he made me laugh with his quirky way of saying things. He also helped me.

Re: Sign Painter, I love youWetterdew01/29/2009 - 22:16

[quote author=DEFE link=topic=1351.msg9101#msg9101 date=1233014929]
The Sign Painter's commentary really breathed life into the game. He provided language where the squeaking goo balls couldn't. He was our friend throughout the game.
Right.  I second you.

I like it when he says something along the lines of "it's all so simple."  Maybe just because it was a nice place to visit.

In most games the signs have no personality but this is one of the few!!

If anybody has played Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, you might know the Subrosian who loves signs and hates it when you destroy them.  When you destroy a hundred signs, she gives you a special ring as a reminder of your misdeeds!