A post in support of paying for Goo

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
A post in support of paying for Goobrianj95902/14/2009 - 01:55

I paid for my copy of Goo because being in the creative arts industry I've seen many examples of piracy stifling the creative spirit.

This post is not about having a cry; it's not even personal (I don't seek to make money from my creative work). It's just a post in support of professional creative artists and their entitlement to seek payment for their work.

All those who agree with this are invited to type "bump".

Re: A post in support of paying for Gooadder197202/14/2009 - 14:37

Thanks guys for providing a DRM-free Linux-compatible product! Worth every cent.

Re: A post in support of paying for GooWindsurfer02/14/2009 - 22:33

Linux compatible is a big thing for me :)
Us Linux users might not be much, but we've got heart. We have a huge on-line presence. We love community :)

Re: A post in support of paying for GooThe Happy Friar02/15/2009 - 00:35

I bought it because the game kicks major ass.  :)  No other reason!

Re: A post in support of paying for Goodraeath02/15/2009 - 03:05

My first instinct was to go hunt for a pirate copy. However, I noticed that there was a demo available - and that pulled me from the dark side.

I'd grown so accustom to having to get a pirate copy of every new game, before going out and blowing money on something that I may not enjoy or not be able to run.

Demos are good.

Of course, I should mention the demo only stayed on my computer for about 10 minutes. I didn't need much time to justify the purchase :D

Re: A post in support of paying for Goodaskizzle02/15/2009 - 11:08

I bought it cuz all the warez/torrent copies I could find were infected with some MOM.exe trojan. ;)

Re: A post in support of paying for Goocreamywhitegoo02/15/2009 - 12:25

As long as 2D Boy makes DRM-free games that run on Linux, they have themselves a customer right here.

Unique!themacmeister02/16/2009 - 00:24

I didn't know that it was going to be DRM free...

I didn't know what platforms it would support...

I didn't even really enjoy tower of goo...

I just new KG/RC would make a visually unique game, with unique gameplay, and killer sound/music.

I wanted to support their ideal...

The fact that the game rocked so hard, was just a brilliant frickin' surprise!

;D

Re: A post in support of paying for GooDEFE02/16/2009 - 01:30

This was the first impulse buy I have made in a long time. It seemed cool, other people seemed to think so, so I bought it the day I heard of it. I don't think I had even seen more than 2 or 3 screenshots. It sure was a great game. Worth every penny. Support paying for goo!

Re: A post in support of paying for GooMattOG02/16/2009 - 03:49

Yeah, same, and after a lot of mates seeing me play it, they did the same. I think I've converted about 20 new goo-fans.

Re: A post in support of paying for Goodeane02/16/2009 - 06:04

I took a look at the game a few months ago but lost interest as soon as I saw that there wasn't a Linux version. Then a couple of days ago I saw in Slashdot that Goo had been ported to Linux. I downloaded the demo and bought the full version a couple of hours later.

I hope there are enough others like me to make the Linux port worthwhile.

Re: A post in support of paying for GooJonathan02/17/2009 - 11:12

It is so great to have a game studio not ignoring about Linux.
This is the way an indie game has to be; creative, original and a lot of fun.
I don't have a credit card (they're not so usual in Europe) but you can use paypal, and that's a very easy way to buy this games.
So therefore I bought this game this afternoon, I really enjoy it.