screenshots

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
screenshotssabreman02/14/2009 - 17:13

How do you take in-game screens? And if you can't, what program do I need?

Re: screenshotsDEFE02/14/2009 - 19:58

I'm not sure about Windows or Linux, but if you're running a Mac search Finder for "Grab"

It's an easy screenshot program

Re: screenshotsMattOG02/15/2009 - 02:38

printscreen button

open paint then ctrl+v (paste)

I have no experience with mac/linux so have no idea if that'll work for them. someone will be able to verify though.

Re: PrintScreen + Ctr-Vdaskizzle02/15/2009 - 11:15

MattOG, that is one rarely known feature built into Windows that only computer gurus seem to know about. I don't think even MOM knows about it.

Another option, however, is to use the fabulous, free and open-source CamStudio from camstudio.org. It offers video capture of computer usage. I used it for my short review of World of Goo on my blog.

Re: screenshotsd4102/15/2009 - 23:28

Windows: Press PrintScreen to copy the screen to the clipboard, then press ctrl-v in an image editing program to paste it. Then save the image in whatever format you want.
Mac: Press "Shift + Command + 3" to take a screenshot of the whole screen, or press "Shift + Command + 4" and drag a box around the area you want to take a screenshot of. The screenshot should then appear on your desktop as "Picture #.png"
Linux: Depends on the distro, but you will probably need a screenshot program. I use KSnapshot.