Thank you very much for the Linux port

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Thank you very much for the Linux portTL_CLD02/16/2009 - 16:48

I've just bought WoG for Linux, and I'm mighty impressed with the quality of the game. It's $20 very well spent, IMHO.

I'm running Slackware 12.1, and the game works flawlessly.

So a big thank you to 2D BOY for bringing this great game to Linux.  :)

/Thomas

Re: Thank you very much for the Linux portearthpigg02/16/2009 - 16:51

word.

Re: Thank you very much for the Linux portKhaaL02/16/2009 - 18:26

I'd also add my thanks and appriciation to 2D boy for this game  :)

Re: Thank you very much for the Linux portDraakoo02/16/2009 - 19:53

I just reached the WoG Corp. cloud ranking system in the Demo and am highly impressed. I am running Ubuntu 8.10 and this game runs great and it's so fun! What an awesome job 2D Boy has done. I can't wait to finish the Demo and buy the full version.

Re: Thank you very much for the Linux portestan02/17/2009 - 07:55

I'd like to chime in with another big Thank You! Awesome of you guys to release a Linux version. I tried the demo and it ran perfect on my Kubuntu 8.10 laptop. I'm definately buying the game on the 25:th when I get payed (poor student at the moment, heh).

Keep up the good work 2D Boy!

Re: Thank you very much for the Linux portK3ks02/17/2009 - 12:15

I also want to thank for the linux port!
I just bought it even thought i played nearly all levels already on the computer from a friend.
And i just bought it because i can install it on my ubuntu linux!

Thanks for the good work!

Another Linux user thanks you!!!swiftnet02/17/2009 - 14:52

I downloaded the demo on my Asus eeePC 900 running debian's eeepc distro. The game runs smoothly and is quite entertaining. I purchased a full copy for two reasons: one the game is fun and two because you guys/gals/goos believe there is a market for Linux based games.

Cheers,

Alex C.

Re: Thank you very much for the Linux portJonathan02/17/2009 - 16:39

Thank you guys very much for the effort of porting this game to Linux, this fun native game is really worth its money.

flawlessthemacmeister02/18/2009 - 02:33

Ditto - running Mint Linux 6.0, and the game runs exactly the same as Windows - to the point that the same tweaks work (like disabling the 2Dboy animation).

Re: Thank you very much for the Linux porttiti02/18/2009 - 04:04

Thank you for the linux port! I played the demo and instantly bought it yesterday. Thanks for this!
I runs fine in Ubuntu 8.04 ( AMDx2 4600/nvidia 8600GT )

Re: Thank you very much for the Linux portLrrr02/18/2009 - 14:46

Another happy Linux camper here. It's rare for a Linux native game to be of such high quality.  I tried the demo and within a couple of minutes I was sold.  My compliments to the coders (and everyone else involved).

Re: Thank you very much for the Linux portphobeus02/19/2009 - 13:27

I am also not paying anymore for games that are not supporting linux or are full of drm. Today, I bought "world of goo" because there is a linux port. Thank your for supporting the platform... and for creating a nice game ;)

Re: Thank you very much for the Linux portEarth02/19/2009 - 16:21

I'm very satisfied with the game myself and think the money was spent good! So far not a single issue except for some sound issues but a simple restart fixes it.

2D games are the best! :D