Did you solve the "Leap Hole" level?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Did you solve the "Leap Hole" level?Earth02/19/2009 - 16:34

I'm curious how many of you finished it and if you did, how many times did you have to try?

For those who really can't solve it: it's a piece of cake, trust me :P

Last modified Fri, 02/20/2009 - 15:48 by Earth
Re: Did you solve the "Leap Whole" level?DEFE02/19/2009 - 19:09

Yep. I got it quickly. I remember when I first looked at that level, I'm just thinking, "What? Is this it?" The Sign Painter seemed to be having the same thoughts.

Re: Did you solve the "Leap Whole" level?Earth02/20/2009 - 15:46

Hehe :), yes I also thought it looked very confusing in the beginning but luckily the description said it was not a bug but a feature.

Re: Did you solve the "Leap Hole" level?karindpowell02/20/2009 - 22:46

ARrrrrrg... So nobody's talking, eh? What's the big secret? :-\

Re: Did you solve the "Leap Hole" level?karindpowell02/20/2009 - 23:39

I finally found an answer... here goes:
When the level begins there are some green goos attached to each other... leave those alone for now. One goo is in the grass... let it make its way over to the other green ones while you take the two loose green goos on the existing green structure and make them stretch up from the top toward the pipe. The pipe is really a vacuum which will begin sucking when the top of the structure has reached close enough to the opening of the vacuum pipe. Get the first two loose goos to go up to the hole, but grab the last one (the third one that was in the grass) and make it up near the pipe. When it's close enough, the vacuum will start and you may see the words "Made it!" pop into the air and float away. The vacuum needs to stay on... it pulls the green structure up and makes it taunt enough so you can begin to quickly dismantle the green structure. Grab a green ball off the structure and move it quickly up to the opening of the vacuum. Let it go and quickly grab the next one. This takes practice.. (for me it did, anyway). Move fast and use strategy.

Re: Did you solve the "Leap Hole" level?MattOG02/21/2009 - 01:22

It's a lot easier than that.

As a hint. The vacuum can hold a small structure up in the air.

On a side note, this 'feature'  ;) is needed for a lot of levels with green goos to hit the ocd.

Re: Did you solve the "Leap Hole" level?Voodooman02/21/2009 - 05:56

Made it with the first attempt. It took me 8 or nine attempts to finish it with OCD.

Re: Did you solve the "Leap Hole" level?chadnickbok02/21/2009 - 18:39

Heh.

I figured this trick out completing Ivy Towers.

You also need to use it to get OCD on 'tumbler' back in the first level.

Easy way:

Make a green goo hit the pipe. Then remove ONE of the goo's connecting it to the pipe. This should leave you with a 'loose edge' sticking up.

Then remove the goo's connecting the lower goo to the ground.

Voila - A 'floating' stick, which you can then drag awake goos to, to complete the map.

Re: Did you solve the "Leap Hole" level?LagMasterSam02/21/2009 - 19:14

[quote author=Earth link=topic=1499.msg10025#msg10025 date=1235079267]
I'm curious how many of you finished it and if you did, how many times did you have to try?

For those who really can't solve it: it's a piece of cake, trust me :P

The hint at the start made it very simple. I had already maneuvered gooballs in a previous level in a similar fashion. I guessed the solution before even seeing the level.

Re: Did you solve the "Leap Hole" level?Earth02/25/2009 - 12:33

Hey, hey... I didn't ask for any spoilers... :-\ Now others won't have the chance trying to solve it themselves after reading this thread...

Btw, my method was the same as chadnickbok's