2 player, one mouse.

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
2 player, one mouse.Ballisticsfood07/10/2008 - 15:01

After considering the 2 player situation for some time, and after the (not quite) revalation that it wouldn not be available on PC, I came up with the following solution:

2 player co-operative (or not) efforts, with one mouse.

I successfully proved this theory with one of my friends by playing the following game:

In WoGco, one person adds 6 gooballs to the tower. This person is trying to build the tower as high as he can.
The other person adds 1 gooball at a time. He is trying to make the tower collapse/fall.

Naturally, this game resulted in hilarity. And many cries of 'I almost got to 10 meters then, you utter git!'

Then I wondered, does anyone else have ideas/played quick, made up on the spot games such as these? Any level, any rules, any number of people, any goal, just games involving more than one person and one mouse.

Re: 2 player, one mouse.BMH07/11/2008 - 03:51

10:1 seems a rather round nummer for such a delicate balancing problem :D.

Anyhow.. It sounds awesome!

Re: 2 player, one mouse.Dodomaster07/29/2008 - 13:04

2 mice is waay easier, if only wog would support it  :o

Re: 2 player, one mouse.Skoad07/30/2008 - 20:09

Is online out of the question? For either Wii or compy?

I don't know about any specific game modes, but what about a free mode, just do whatever you want and have the players make up their own rules?

Re: 2 player, one mouse.Nic Freed08/16/2008 - 16:10

ok, i tried that with my brother, and i must say, that is majorly addicting, and adds even more to the game. what if there was a 2 player one mouse where there are 2 seperate towers being built, and players take turns adding untill one falls. just a suggestion

Re: 2 player, one mouse.Ballisticsfood08/17/2008 - 16:18

You can do that on WoGco. You just need to build a horizontal construct before seperating off a second starting point.

Re: 2 player, one mouse.Nic Freed08/17/2008 - 16:59

ohh, i get what you mean. im gonna go try that :)