Linux Release

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Linux Releasemankyd07/17/2008 - 17:28

I've seen it mentioned that the game should be out relatively soonish. I've also seen posts about Mac beta testing. I'm curious as to the state of the Linux release. One of the reasons I enthusiastically pre-ordered the game so many months ago was because of the promised Linux version. Will all versions for all platforms be coming out at the same time or is a staggered release still planned?

I managed to fire up the demo on my girlfriends xp machine and had great fun with it. This is an excellent game and I've wanted to thank the creators for promising to deliver a Linux port, so thanks guys!

Re: Linux Releasekyle07/17/2008 - 19:07

Hey, thanks! We're still planning a linux version. It might come out the same time as all the others, but maybe staggered. It just depends how fast and reliably we can get it working!

Re: Linux Releasemankyd07/17/2008 - 21:06

Straight from the horse's mouth, thanks Kyle! I look forward to it. If you need a qualified beta tester, let me know (I'm a software developer by day.) Hit me up at @gmail.com

Re: Linux Releasethe-wOndErEr5707/21/2008 - 10:18

Hi,

good to hear that the Linux version is planned (that's what I've pre-paid my money for!).

However, what about talk of the beta version. A couple of months ago, people were guessing at the end of July for release date. I think one of the guys involved with development even marked the release for "the end of summer". We're not too far away from the end of summer, and we have not seen a beta2 release, for any platform. Has this plan been scrapped, or is the time scale between beta2 and release a small one, or has release date been put back?

Re: Linux Releaseoly11/01/2008 - 05:48

Just been playing the demo in wine, but i am curious about a full release for linux there does not seem to be any news regarding a demo / ETA for a final release so any news ?

Re: Linux ReleaseMarius11/01/2008 - 06:34

The linux release has always been planned after the mac release. Currently, the mac version is being released, so I expect the linux beta testing to start soon.

Re: Linux Releasedraeath12/05/2008 - 14:08

[quote author=mankyd link=topic=152.msg1185#msg1185 date=1216346797]
Straight from the horse's mouth, thanks Kyle! I look forward to it. If you need a qualified beta tester, let me know (I'm a software developer by day.) Hit me up at @gmail.com

I volunteer as well, with a more fitting job title too! I'm a beta analyst.

I've got access to x86_64 if you want to test that, otherwise I can just use ia32 libs. (shrug)