Randy Pausch Last Lecture

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Randy Pausch Last Lecturespliter02/24/2009 - 13:20

Uh... okay...
I've just seen this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo#
well... just watch it. Some of you that have seen Kyle's old site with music, might notice something important...

Re: Randy Pausch Last Lecturekyle02/24/2009 - 18:19

What a unique guy. About the video he shows - it's something I made in his class with some friends, including Kyle Gray, the guy who created Henry Hatsworth for DS which is coming out really soon I think.

Re: Randy Pausch Last Lecturespliter02/25/2009 - 17:51

I wish I could have met him...
I didn't meet many inspiring people, that would point me in the right direction. But thank god I have a wonderful family...
It's strange to hear from a person such inspiring words, during the speech discover that he was a mentor of someone you idolize, and on the end discover that he has already died....

Re: Randy Pausch Last LectureWetterdew03/04/2009 - 16:28

It's nice to see those videos and where the music came from.  I know that that song from Hello.World wasn't used in World of Goo, but it is on Kyle's website.

Re: Randy Pausch Last LectureGermanSeabass03/18/2009 - 05:20

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I'm one many who were touched by seeing the Last Lecture. It's probably one of the reasons I'm as active in music as I am now. It must have been a real treat to be in that class. (And the overly happy music from hello.world just fits -- loved that ending.)