World of Goo price

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World of Goo priceqrees03/07/2009 - 09:52

I was thinking about buying this game, but there is something strange with the price. Here the price is 20$, and boxed version in shop in my city it's around 5$. Why this difference?

Re: World of Goo priceMattOG03/07/2009 - 10:28

Diesel in the pump near my house is 98.9... A bit down the road it's 99.9

Strange that.

Seriously though, just because $20 is the original price of the game, if a shop wants, it can buy a load and give them away free.

AFAIK there is no more linux version being given away with versions not purchased online, (someone will clarify) but if you don't want that, I'd run down to the local and pick up a copy.

Re: World of Goo priceqrees03/07/2009 - 10:35

The problem is that I prefer Linux version... I can run World of goo in wine... but I think native version might be more stable... So the only way to get linux version is to buy it from here:

http://2dboy.com/games.php ?

Because there is World of Goo also available on Steam (for 5$ this weekend ;) ).