No physical release?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
No physical release?magimagi03/09/2009 - 15:20

Hello everybody!

I've been looking forward to the physical release of World of goo, here in France, but for the moment, nothing has arrived!  :(
Amazon has it, but it's marked as unavalaible since the day of its supposed release...
Has anyone got it physicaly yet?

Thanks!

Re: No physical release?dentaku03/09/2009 - 15:35

What for? Hey, we're living in 2009 ... everything becomes digital. WHat can be better than just surf the the payment site, type in your credit card number and 5 minutes later you can play the whole stuff right now! I don't need some boxes collecting dust in my room. By harddrive's is big enough (and all those USB sticks to keep backups ...).

Re: No physical release?magimagi03/09/2009 - 15:42

Yeah, I know, but I've been stuck in the 20th century, you see, and I love having a box to put on my shelf.
There was also the possibility of having the French translation included directly. ;)

And the curiosity of seeing the product finally in stores, which would have brought a larger audience to it, i'm sure.

Re: No physical release?luiginator03/09/2009 - 18:34

[quote author=dentaku link=topic=1616.msg10609#msg10609 date=1236630910]
What for? Hey, we're living in 2009 ... everything becomes digital. WHat can be better than just surf the the payment site, type in your credit card number and 5 minutes later you can play the whole stuff right now! I don't need some boxes collecting dust in my room. By harddrive's is big enough (and all those USB sticks to keep backups ...).

Yeah, but it's still nice to have something you can put on your shelf that won't disappear if your computer is wiped out.