DRM Free

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
DRM Freeedified03/17/2009 - 00:39

He, just wanted to give you kudos on a DRM free release!

I played WoG on Wii a few weeks ago and just remembered it today- I looked for a MacOS X version and wow, it exists!  I saw on your front page that it was DRM free and decided to buy it immediately...so I drove to the "real internet" (well kind of, it's satellite) logged on sshed into into the UTM and turned off the traffic limiter and hit the paypal link.  I filled in my CC details and pressed pay now.  After than I noticed that there was a price- I had forgotten to look.  Thought you might get a kick out of that.

Anyway, cheers again on going DRM free- I'm praying it works well for you.  In any case you've guaranteed WoG as a classic in my game collection.  Long after the DRM servers for Spore are unplugged. 

...Download's finished :)  time to play!

Re: DRM Freenodrm04/01/2009 - 14:58

+1

I bought this game as soon as I heard it was DRM free aswell, no question about it.
Without trying the demo, I have to say it's an awesome game. Hope you decide to support Linux and stay off the evil DRM in your future games aswell! :)

Re: DRM FreeGooLover04/03/2009 - 12:50

yup :) DRM free was one of the reasons I bought it too... but I probably would've bought it eventually anyways. I hate how other games try to scam you for a "download warranty" and only give one or two activations