World Of Goo... my fave game of the past year or so!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World Of Goo... my fave game of the past year or so!goobernatorial03/25/2009 - 18:20

I've played a lot of stuff over the past year or so, mostly on my Xbox 360 and PC, but for me World of Goo beats everything else hands down for sheer fun factor ....

Fallout 3, Deadspace, Fable II, Mirror's Edge, Crysis and Prince Of Persia have been amazing experiences in their own way (well, maybe not Fable II) but they just can't match World Of Goo for its pick-up-and-play simplicity and joyously creative execution. It maybe even tops the wonderful Braid...

And I've only just completed the first chapter.

I've had a huge smile on my face nearly the whole time when building my wobbly towers and bridges. Aside from the fiendishly fun gameplay, the engaging art, animation and interface are excellent, and the music is the absolutely brilliant icing on the cake.

And I can't believe I got it for just a few quid on Steam.

Thank you 2D Boy... you've made me realise again how much fun gaming can be!

Re: World Of Goo... my fave game of the past year or so!Stickybomb6703/25/2009 - 19:34

That is seconded by me. I've been thinking about a wonderful, rich, and amusing building game ever since I was old enough to stare at a computer. Kyle and Ron have realized my dream and have created a miracle.
Thank you, 2D Boy.
GOOOOOO TEAM GOO!!!

Re: World Of Goo... my fave game of the past year or so!TheRedBall03/26/2009 - 05:49

I agree, this game is a masterpiece. Its so simply yet so complicated.

Re: World Of Goo... my fave game of the past year or so!bassplayercasale03/27/2009 - 01:47

The same story for me ;D...I've loved the "coplex games"like GTA IV,Crysis,Bioshock or so,...but...WORLD OF GOO IS THE BEST ONE!!!!!...Simple,Tiny,Funny,Crazy,Challegin',Amazing,and..and...I have no words to describe the SENSATIONS that comes out ,playin' this masterpiece! ;D ;D ;D

Re: World Of Goo... my fave game of the past year or so!MattOG03/27/2009 - 15:18

It is strange, There's just something about it that captivates you, and you can't put it down...

Muchos love to the Goo 2Dboy team