PC version better?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
PC version better?toothpaste3603/28/2009 - 19:02

I don't personally have the WOG PC version, so i dont know what its like. But i think that there are many limitations to the wiiware one. A big one is that you cant use Goo Tool on it. :(
I dont know... :-[
Could the 2D boys make it so that if you have the internet channel on your wii, you can use the gootool on the wiiware version?

Re: PC version better?vonboy03/28/2009 - 23:23

i don't think it would be possible. the internet channel can't download stuff, and even if it was possible, it would be more trouble than it's worth.

i think your best bet is to pray world of goo 2 (if it is ever made) has some kind of level editor included in the wiiware version. please remember gootool wasn't available when the pc version first came out, and it's just a mod made by the community (with a tad bit of help from 2dboy i think).

as for which version is better, it really depends. the wiiware version is 5 bucks cheaper, has co-op, and more accurate controls (only imho lol). the pc version cost 5 bucks more, has online leaderboards, and a tool to make your own levels with (though it's still kinda buggy and hard to use from what i hear.) i have the wiiware version as well, and i'm happy with it. i would only get the pc version if i could find it somewhere for like 5 bucks.