world of goo corp building techniques

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
world of goo corp building techniquesNic Freed08/18/2008 - 15:07

explain your technique and post a screenshot if you want. you can do your screenshot from tower of goo instead if you want to bunch it all into one screenshot with the zoom out key. ill start out:
the pyramid
structured, but uses to many goos
screenshot:  http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj118/robonic007/?action=view&current=towerofgoopyramid.jpg
ok, now i PROMISE this is my last thread for at least 1 week, just had the idea, sorry :(

Last modified Mon, 08/18/2008 - 15:11 by Nic Freed
Re: world of goo corp building techniquesNic Freed08/18/2008 - 16:34

i think i just found the biggest tower on "tower of goo"
http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj118/robonic007/?action=view&current=hugegootower.png
tell me if youve seen a bigger one :)

Re: world of goo corp building techniquesBallisticsfood08/20/2008 - 07:44

Yes. I once build a tower up to 150 and something point something meters using a 7 core square construction. If that made no sense to you, good, it shouldn't, but it worked. Until I tried to break 160 meters, then it collapsed in an epic style.

Oh, and by epic I mean EPIC. It didn't fall over for a while, just collapsed straight down, crushing the lower levels. When it got to about 140 meters it fell over sideways and crushed itself some more on impact with the ground. The whole thing took about five minutes.

PS: Did I emphasise the point that the collapse was EPIC? Well, it was EPIC!

PPS: Done now.

EDIT: hand on, Tower of Goo or Tower of Goo Unlimited? I was using unlimited.

EDIT EDIT: You were zooming. Tower of Goo Unlimited. Sorry for wasting your time. Now I really am done here.

Last modified Wed, 08/20/2008 - 07:46 by Ballisticsfood
Re: world of goo corp building techniquesNic Freed08/20/2008 - 09:35

i thought this post would never get responses, but kool!  :D make it again so we can see how epic it really is :)

Re: world of goo corp building techniquesMarius08/20/2008 - 09:38

Yes! And then crash it again so we can see how epic that was :P

Re: world of goo corp building techniquesNic Freed08/20/2008 - 14:58

RECORD IT!!!

p.s. you can tell im really serious when i actually capitalize. either that or my caps lock or shift key is broken