Newbie seeking hints

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Newbie seeking hintsmocoso04/13/2009 - 15:14

I just dloaded Goo onto my Wii and have been gleefuly stuck to it ever since. I have been voracious, actually, finger lickin' good, until I came across the "Genetic Sorting machine." This is the kind of stuck I don't like. It tastes like failure.

I am having no luck finding any kind of forum that offers hints, level by level. Of course, I don't expect hand outs either. I hand pick my own Goo balls and test them for freshness personally. And, though generous, I consider the "skip a level" option a cowardly dodge. I wanna earn my lumps.

Can anyone help me out on this level, or suggest where such help might be found?

[glow=red,2,300]WARNING[/glow]: I have every intention of stacking the highest Goo tower of all time. Current leaders beware.

Last modified Mon, 04/13/2009 - 17:33 by mocoso
Re: Newbie seeking hintsStickybomb6704/13/2009 - 15:23

What part of the machine are you stuck on? ???

Re: Newbie seeking hintsPavke04/13/2009 - 16:45

The name says: "Genetic Sorting machine". You have to sort the ugly Goos form the beauty Goo. Three of them to left side, one on the right.  :)

[quote author=mocoso link=topic=1764.msg11611#msg11611 date=1239653652]
[glow=red,2,300]WARNING[/glow]: I have every intention of stacking the highest [glow=red,2,300]Goo[/glow] tower of all time. Current leaders beware.

Goo-d luck!  :D (it is impossible)

Re: Newbie seeking hintsmocoso04/13/2009 - 17:31

Thanks so much for the quick replies. I have no difficulty separating the 3 beauty Goos (left) from the ugly Goo (right) which is the first step in The Genetic Sorting Machine. The left channel leads to the now-familiar Goo-Grinder, which mashes the Beauty Goos into orange globs and eyball bits. The right channel leads to a two-Goo string blocking the path, but which can easily be opened up to let the Gross Goo pass by.

What follows is step two: getting the remaining mini-Goos past the spiky Pit of Death. The Sign beside it recommends filling it "with the shattered pieces of those less fortunate than you." I have tried all manner of Goo-options (I am willing to list them for anyone patient and masochistic enough to want to read them) but they have all led to a [shadow=red,left]gargly demise [/shadow] so far.

If I may ask Pavke, what exactly is impossible? Building a 60 meter Tower of Goo?! mocoso will make 'em all hang together, you'll see!

Last modified Mon, 04/13/2009 - 17:37 by mocoso
Re: Newbie seeking hintsStickybomb6704/13/2009 - 17:36

[quote author=mocoso link=topic=1764.msg11620#msg11620 date=1239661873]
Thanks so much for the quick replies. I have no difficulty separating the 3 beauty Goos (left) from the ugly Goo (right) which is the first step in The Genetic Sorting Machine. The left channel leads to the now-familiar Goo-Grinder, which mashes the Beauty Goos into orange globs and eyball bits. The right channel leads to a two-Goo string blocking the path, but which can easily be opened up to let the Gross Goo pass by.

What follows is step two: getting the remaining mini-Goos past the spiky Pit of Death. The Sign beside it recommends filling it "with the shattered pieces of those less fortunate than you." I have tried all manner of Goo-options (I am willing to list them for anyone patient and masochistic enough to want to read them) but they have all led to a [shadow=red,left]gargly demise [/shadow] so far.

You mixed up the types. UGLY is tan. BEAUTY is pink. Do the ugly 3 first.

Re: Newbie seeking hintsvonboy04/13/2009 - 17:38

um i think you might have it backwards, there are three UGLY goos that go to the left, and one pretty goo that goes to the right. you have to fill the death pit with the shattered pieces of the butt ugly goos before letting the sexy one go by.

Re: Newbie seeking hintsStickybomb6704/13/2009 - 17:40

[quote author=vonboy link=topic=1764.msg11623#msg11623 date=1239662308]
um i think you might have it backwards, there are three UGLY goos that go to the left, and one pretty goo that goes to the right. you have to fill the death pit with the shattered pieces of the butt ugly goos before letting the sexy one go by.

SAID that, vonboy!

Re: Newbie seeking hintsPavke04/13/2009 - 17:43

The important goo is the Red Beauty. You need to sacrifice the Ugly Goos  :(  :'(.  First separate all three Ugly goos to the left, they will fill the "Pit of Death". Then the Red Beauty Goo roll over them to the second green goo line... the rest is secret! :)

Re: Newbie seeking hintsStickybomb6704/13/2009 - 17:46

Secret!
Think, 'Where the heck am I?'.

Re: Newbie seeking hintsmocoso04/13/2009 - 17:53

Thank you very much Stickybomb67. I am embarassed but overjoyed! I try to come off as a Goonnoisseur and end up taking the ugly for the beautiful! I obviously need to develop a far more refined Goo-palate.

Step three completed soon after: 16 of 8 Goo Balls. The Tower grows ever higher...

Re: Newbie seeking hintsStickybomb6704/13/2009 - 20:16

[quote author=mocoso link=topic=1764.msg11632#msg11632 date=1239663233]
Thank you very much Stickybomb67. I am embarassed but overjoyed! I try to come off as a Goonnoisseur and end up taking the ugly for the beautiful! I obviously need to develop a far more refined Goo-palate.

Step three completed soon after: 16 of 8 Goo Balls. The Tower grows ever higher...

Goo-d luck beating the legendary 52m Tower of Kamal.
I'm rooting for you!

Re: Newbie seeking hintsmocoso04/14/2009 - 15:40

I noticed Kamal's tower (measured at 50.82 meters) on the unofficial Leaderboard (http://hell.student.utwente.nl/wog/). Impressive, yes. But the Goo speaks to me. How can I fall short if I feel it coursing through my very veins?

Knowing exactly how many Goo balls he used to build it would be useful. The picture (I guess I could count) already helps by revealing its arGootecture. Then, if I can just get one Goo ball more!

Trust me: I'll let you know when I get there.  ;D

Re: Newbie seeking hintsStickybomb6704/14/2009 - 15:50

[quote author=mocoso link=topic=1764.msg11657#msg11657 date=1239741642]
I noticed Kamal's tower (measured at 50.82 meters) on the unofficial Leaderboard (http://hell.student.utwente.nl/wog/). Impressive, yes. But the Goo speaks to me. How can I fall short if I feel it coursing through my very veins?

Knowing exactly how many Goo balls he used to build it would be useful. The picture (I guess I could count) already helps by revealing its arGootecture. Then, if I can just get one Goo ball more!

Trust me: I'll let you know when I get there.  ;D

???
He used 300, as you can do. You can't get any more.
Sorry. :(
But if you can beat it,
you are the master and more legendary than Kamal himself.
I'm rooting for you, Goo Master!