leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soon

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soonkyle08/25/2008 - 19:38

Hey, just wanted to give an advance warning. I'm going to clear out the leaderboards as we get ready to complete the game. This will also mean your game will not be able to report scores, and you will not see other players in worldofgoocorp.

Re: leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soonMacatttack08/25/2008 - 19:52

Aw man. Their goes my record in Impale Sticky and Flying Machine.  ::)

Last modified Mon, 08/25/2008 - 20:08 by Macatttack
Re: leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soonNic Freed08/25/2008 - 20:34

:( at least this means the game is coming out soon...

Re: leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soonBallisticsfood08/26/2008 - 05:14

well, I never payed much attention to the leaderboards anyway, preferring to have fun and do crazy stuff.

Although I was quite proud of being second place in the world for quite some time. I seem to have lost the knack for it now though. Prefer to make awesome towers with spikes and crenellations and stuff.

Carry on.

Re: leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soonMacatttack09/01/2008 - 00:33

I'd like the new leader boards to look better if that can be done.  :)

Re: leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soonNic Freed09/01/2008 - 08:45

agreed  :D

Re: leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soonkyle09/01/2008 - 12:15

I'll probably be remaking it. Any example leaderboards for games that have worked well in the past?

Re: leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soontair00109/01/2008 - 18:14

I'd love to have a leaderboard featuring 'badges' - i.e. web icons/avatars which display your progress and records in WoG actively online...

...a far cry maybe, but if it does happen, try not to make it look anything like the BF2142 leaderboards, those things are just plain depressing...

Re: leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soonMacatttack09/01/2008 - 18:34

Yeah, make it like the blog... awesome!!!  :P

Re: leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soontair00109/02/2008 - 03:40

you could do it all in Silverlight...

hahahahahahahaha! no.

Re: leaderboards getting cleared and going offline soonNic Freed09/02/2008 - 09:12

i would actually like to have the leaderboards featured in-game, if you could, so we dont have to go to another website.