World of Goo Corporation Billboard Contest

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
World of Goo Corporation Billboard Contestdavidc05/16/2009 - 15:28

The marketing droids at the World of Goo Corporation have been hard at work. Today they launched a billboard design contest to find new signage for the World of Goo Corporation Tower. The winners will receive a signed World of Goo box direct from 2D Boy, and all highly rated entries will make an appearance in the World of Goo Corporation level. Check it out and get drawing!

http://goofans.com/content/billboard-contest

-davidc

Re: World of Goo Corporation Billboard Contestdavidc06/04/2009 - 14:37

Just a short while left to enter this competition! Get your creative caps on and head over to http://goofans.com/content/billboard-contest to enter - or if you can't draw at all, please take a moment to vote for the entries!

Re: World of Goo Corporation Billboard ContestWetterdew06/20/2009 - 13:42

Aaaah!  I wish I had found out about this sooner!  Do you think it would be a problem if I drew it and then scanned it without using my computer at all to actually make the image...or does it need that smooth, glossy look to it?  Anyway, I'm excited about this!

Re: World of Goo Corporation Billboard Contestdavidc06/20/2009 - 19:34

The contest is open until the 30th, so there's still plenty of time. You should try to make something you think would look appropriate in the World of Goo Corporation levels.

Re: World of Goo Corporation Billboard ContestWetterdew06/30/2009 - 07:33

:'(

I set my alarm to wake me up two hours before the deadline to scan this thing and put it into the billboard-holder...but I must have slept through the alarm.  That's what I get for only giving myself four hours of sleep. :( I really wanted that signed copy of World of Goo...Should I put it up here anyway?  It's almost finished, but it just needs to be scanned and fitted in.

I didn't know how to use computers to get the same glossy look as the billboards in World of Goo, so I tried my best to get that look by using colored pencils.  I think it came out well.

I hope that there are more contests like this in the future!  I really wanted this! :)

Re: World of Goo Corporation Billboard ContestPavke06/30/2009 - 07:36

[=14pt]The billboard contest is now closed and judging is underway[/]

Thank you for your many submissions which we will now be reviewing carefully.

[=12pt]Voting is now open for the next few days.[/]

For easy voting, there is a page with all entries and a page with only the entries you haven't voted for yet.

Note that you'll need to register an account here before you can vote.