Moon Chapter?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Moon Chapter?Huxi09/20/2008 - 18:10

I just read in an interview that there will be an additional Moon chapter in the European Wii retail version of World of Goo.

Will there be any chance for the non-consolers to get that chapter or do we have to buy a Wii just for WoG?  ;)

Huxi.

Re: Moon Chapter?Macatttack09/20/2008 - 19:11

I wanted to get it for the wii but I never saw any options for what system you buy it for any particular system.  :-\

Re: Moon Chapter?tair00109/21/2008 - 07:01

Hi Huxi,

I've been chatting with Ron about this - what I know for sure is that the pre-orders will recieve the North American version which does not have the moon stage. When the game is released in November, it'll be the North American version, on PC and Wii via digital distribution. The European version, with the moon stage, will be released approximately Feb '09, and will 'cost a fair amount more' because of the German retail partners that 2DBoy have signed up. This version will be boxed and I believe will be available for both PC and Wii platforms.

Alasdair

Re: Moon Chapter?Macatttack09/21/2008 - 12:32

[quote author=Tair link=topic=196.msg1663#msg1663 date=1221998501]
Hi Huxi,

I've been chatting with Ron about this - what I know for sure is that the pre-orders will recieve the North American version which does not have the moon stage. When the game is released in November, it'll be the North American version, on PC and Wii via digital distribution. The European version, with the moon stage, will be released approximately Feb '09, and will 'cost a fair amount more' because of the German retail partners that 2DBoy have signed up. This version will be boxed and I believe will be available for both PC and Wii platforms.

Alasdair

Aw man, so the people who pre-ordered don't get the moon chapter.  :(
Or did I misunderstand.  ???

Re: Moon Chapter?tair00109/21/2008 - 14:52

That's right I'm afraid - don't forget though, Ron and Kyle are happy to refund the pre-order if you really are that desperate to wait until February for a boxed version with the moon level...tbh I think I might just buy it again in Feb!

Re: Moon Chapter?Nic Freed09/21/2008 - 17:58

can u maybe explain the moon chapter, cuz right now im thinking  ???

Re: Moon Chapter?The Happy Friar09/21/2008 - 20:55

is there a reason that chapter isn't available in NA?

Re: Moon Chapter?Macatttack09/21/2008 - 22:29

[quote author=The Happy Friar link=topic=196.msg1670#msg1670 date=1222048534]
is there a reason that chapter isn't available in NA?
They probably haven't made it it yet or finished it.  :-\

Re: Moon Chapter?tair00109/22/2008 - 01:25

That's right, similar to the profanity pack, the moon stage is not yet complete (although the profanity pack will be finished soon after the game's october/november release and is of course still free for pre-orders).

Nic, the moon stage will feature "a special free-form area similar to the World of Goo Corporation that will be set at the center of the moon" amongst other normal levels.

I'm going to direct everyone on this thread to the recent interview with WiiWare World, should clear up some questions: http://www.wiiware-world.com/news/2008/08/2d_boy_interview_world_of_goo

Re: Moon Chapter?Nic Freed09/22/2008 - 18:55

that sounds awsome!!!! i wish i was british, just this once...

Re: Moon Chapter?The Happy Friar09/22/2008 - 20:35

from the article linked:

Quote:
Kyle: The speaker is fine for some games, we just didn’t need it for ours. I wonder if we’ll ever see games using it as a required gameplay feature, not just an aesthetic one? Sounds like a good premise for an experimental game design competition…

Wario Ware required the use of the speaker in the wii remote.  So did rayman rabbids 2.  I forget about Wario, but I remember in Rayman it was used to listen for how close you were to things that would blow you up. 

but I'm sure 2d could do something much cooler with it.  Like have it give you instructions on what to do, but if you're holding it you can't do it, or something.  :D

Re: Moon Chapter?Nic Freed09/23/2008 - 16:41

I just noticed something! in all my non-capitalizing mindless posting, i didnt notice i am not a full member now!  ;D

Re: Moon Chapter?Pollux10/04/2008 - 01:43

I'm sure I'm not the first person to think this, but I WANT THE MOON CHAPTER FOR THE PC! The game isn't even out yet, but I loved the first chapter and I'm 95% sure I'm going to want more. If there is some way to do digital distribution for the game, there must be some way to release the Moon Chapter as an add on pack in NA. I don't care if it won't improve my leaderboard score. I don't care if I have to pay an extra $5 or whatever for it. I don't care if I have to end up waiting 6 months for it. I just want to be clear that I want to play the on the moon.

Re: Moon Chapter?HexagonalBolts10/04/2008 - 09:22

There would seem to be an obvious flaw here.

The hardcore following of World of Goo will more than likely have purchased pre-orders because of their love of the game or to support the developers.

Yet it is these very people, the people who would want extra content most, and probably are most deserving of it, that are being deprived of extra content for the game.

It would be beyond belief if 2D Boy then refused to sell the additional chapter as an addon pack, effectively ripping off their most loyal customer base and forcing them to pay twice as much as less avid supporters for the same amount of content.

Sorry if that all sounds very apocalyptic, I just can't wait to play this game, as much as possible preferably! I understand it can be difficult to be fair in the real world and that 2D Boy are trying to reward fans through an early release and the profanity pack, but these seem somewhat minor by comparison to a whole extra chapter of content.

(I am a European customer, but I'm not willing to wait an extra few months for the game)

Re: Moon Chapter?Ballisticsfood10/05/2008 - 12:57

[quote author=HexagonalBolts link=topic=196.msg1738#msg1738 date=1223130158]

(I am a European customer, but I'm not willing to wait an extra few months for the game)

I'm a european customer also, but i've been hanging around WoG for a long, long time. If I get the extra chapter somehow at some point int the future then it's an added bonus (and a particularly pleasurable one at that). If not, meh. I'll survive either way knowing I have my gooey balls to play with regardless.

Re: Moon Chapter?BeSD10/06/2008 - 16:23

[quote author=Ballisticsfood link=topic=196.msg1770#msg1770 date=1223229451]
If not, meh. I'll survive either way knowing I have my gooey balls to play with regardless.

My first day on this board, but I just love all those little innuendo's with  he language. :P

But to stay on topic, I hope the Moon Chapter will be released as added content for those who pre-ordered it or purchased through the website. I will even pay a few dollars for it. (at least if the euro/dollar conversion is still in my advantage :))

And that would also be a nice step to release more chapters for WoG.

Re: Moon Chapter?HexagonalBolts10/06/2008 - 17:16

Ooooh good idea

Like episodic gameplay but with WoG?

I still am undecided in my mind as to whether the whole episodic content thing is a gimmick or a good idea: the only 'episodic content' I've really played are the two half life episodes which are more like short snippets of half life released very far apart and not episodic at all, does anyone on here play the Sam & Max games or the Grimm games or any other properly episodic ones? Would the same idea be applicable in WoG with chapters...?

Re: Moon Chapter?Seidnerz of the Goo!10/06/2008 - 17:27

[quote author=HexagonalBolts link=topic=196.msg1861#msg1861 date=1223331391]
Ooooh good idea

Like episodic gameplay but with WoG?

I still am undecided in my mind as to whether the whole episodic content thing is a gimmick or a good idea: the only 'episodic content' I've really played are the two half life episodes which are more like short snippets of half life released very far apart and not episodic at all, does anyone on here play the Sam & Max games or the Grimm games or any other properly episodic ones? Would the same idea be applicable in WoG with chapters...?

Yeah I've played Sam and Max. It works great becasue when you add the gameplay time and prices up it equals a whole game but you don't have to wait for the devloper to be finished with the game to start. I think it or DLC would work great with world of goo. Before they add more levels after the moon however it would be cool if they used the money likely to come pouring in to make a way to do wii style co-op on the pc (online maybe) a level editor, and although not as high priority as the other two a competitive multiplayer woulf be cool. Maybe something like jenga and it could have leaderboards. I have a topic about one of my other competitive multiplayer adeas buried hear somewhere.

Re: Moon Chapter?HexagonalBolts10/07/2008 - 01:45

Yeah I bet there is a whole plethora of oppurtunities for online play, it would be maaad to ignore them!

I wonder if a level editor could be made? I guess not because the levels all seem to be extremley customised