iPhone version?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
iPhone version?Huxi09/20/2008 - 18:18

I also read in the same interview that you'll probably do an iPhone version of World of Goo...

That would be really great!

I think you could easily get into Top 25 with it if you manage to get it right  :P so I hope you can find time to work on it after you've had some time to relax...

Huxi.

Re: iPhone version?Macatttack09/20/2008 - 19:10

Yeah!!! great Idea they could totally have a smaller scale version for the IPhone! Great Idea.

Re: iPhone version?tair00109/21/2008 - 07:05

It would be perfect for iPhone! You could probably port the game over in pretty much its existing format, all it is is point drag and click...and as the platform has enough technology to run Monkey Ball in 3D I expect a 2D game would be well within its capacity!

Obvioulsy if you were looking at the level as a whole then placing Goos would be tricky because the finger you use to place the goo will be covering a fair portion of the terrain - how about using two finger gestures (keep it clean people) like in Safari to zoom in and out of the map, and then just using drag and drop to place goos on a structure?

Re: iPhone version?Nic Freed09/21/2008 - 17:59

i know somthing even better they could do it on. and there already sponsered by them... the ds!!!!