Question on cursor and placement

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Question on cursor and placementudm07/22/2009 - 03:03

Hello, is there a way to change the way I want my goo to be placed, with the click of a button? What I'm saying is, if I want to reinforce a box with another diagonal line, the game by default prefers to have my goo be placed on an existing line instead of forming a new line

Re: Question on cursor and placementDEFE07/22/2009 - 03:12

Unfortunately, that can't be done. You just have to move it around until the optimal goo placement becomes available. There's no way to change it with the press of a button.

Re: Question on cursor and placementudm07/22/2009 - 03:18

Ah thanks. Any tips on that then? I'm currently at Tower of Goo, and it's hard without reinforcing the lower levels without double diagonal lines

Re: Question on cursor and placementvonboy07/28/2009 - 23:17

some of the top tower builders use a strategy to make the struts on the outside be stretched a whole lot so they elasticly hold the tower up, but it takes a long time to do. you have to add a lot of wieght to one side (very risky, btw) then build the strut and remove the weight. the tower will move the other way, but the strut will be stretched out hard and help keep the tower falling the other way.

anway, just thought it was something interesting you might want to try.