Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !Nicosmos07/22/2009 - 05:18

... but, contrary to what some news websites said, this is not a game by 2D Boy.  ;)

Have you seen that ? ;D
http://experimentalgameplay.com/blog/2009/07/new-experimental-game-qa-tea-time/

Re: Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !vonboy07/22/2009 - 08:39

from what i've heard, it's supposed to be a wiiware title, which is a smart move in my opinion since they made the majority of their money from world of goo off of wiiware.

plus, it's been over half a year since world of goo was released on there, and it's STILL the best game on the service in my opinion. it'll be nice to see some competition :P.

Re: Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !Nicosmos07/22/2009 - 11:53

The platform is not yet defined : ;)
[quote author="Kyle Gray"]Wiiware is definitely a platform we’re looking at, but in the end it comes down to what the best fit is for the game! At this point there are still a lot of aspects of the game we’re experimenting with – so platforms, release date, etc. are still up in the air.

Re: Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !DEFE07/23/2009 - 00:16

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I'm excited.

Re: Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !Stickybomb6707/23/2009 - 15:25

What to say but ;D.

Re: Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !Nic Freed07/25/2009 - 19:04

Hope they are up for a computer version, or I will be forced to buy a wii XD

Re: Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !TheHermit07/26/2009 - 16:32

Buy one anyway, even if it's just for WoG on the Wii... ;)

Re: Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !vonboy07/28/2009 - 20:49

[quote author=Nic Freed link=topic=1990.msg13776#msg13776 date=1248566671]
Hope they are up for a computer version, or I will be forced to buy a wii XD

you say it as if it's a bad thing :B

anyway, i'm still thinking it'll be on wiiware (may be on other platforms as well). like i said earlier, 2dboy has said in numerous interviews and at gdc 09 that the majority of world of goo's income (i thing like 70%) was from wiiware, and it's still selling (i don't thimk it's ever left the top 10 list and it's still on ther now.)

Re: Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !Buttersnack07/31/2009 - 17:11

For over a week it was #1.

Re: Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !Goo2K08/03/2009 - 22:22

I wonder what it will be, as for WiiWare, I wouldn't mind as I own a Wii so it wouldn't be an issue for me although I imagine it would be Wii/PC again.

Re: Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !Zoombus08/04/2009 - 02:03

haha don't hate me, but I really didn't like the WW version.  But that's just because I don't have steady hands...and the gooballs are so tiny! :P  But I'm obsessed w/ the pc version.  This looks fun.

Re: Coming soon : new game by Kyle Gabler, Kyle Gray and Allan Blomquist !vonboy08/04/2009 - 20:14

i personally liked the wii version more, but that's probably just because i play my wii so much i'm used to the ir controls...

...and my computer mouse sucks lol.