Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???fudgywudgy08/06/2009 - 02:56

Simple enough question, just want an answer.  The game has been out quite a while now...  guess it's just a matter of take the money and run huh???

It seems as though nobody else has been given a response by the people at 2DBoy, nor will they address any of the update issues (questions being asked about the 1.30 update and future updates). 

Ah well, figures.

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???spazturtle08/06/2009 - 06:49

2D Boy are PEOPLE and PEOPLE have LIVES and they have OTHER things to do, ok?

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???TheHermit08/06/2009 - 09:59

[quote author=fudgywudgy link=topic=2018.msg13997#msg13997 date=1249545419]

Simple enough question, just want an answer.  The game has been out quite a while now...  guess it's just a matter of take the money and run huh???

It seems as though nobody else has been given a response by the people at 2DBoy, nor will they address any of the update issues (questions being asked about the 1.30 update and future updates). 

Ah well, figures.

It's so nice when people who have barely contributed to the forum decide to rant... ::)

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???fudgywudgy08/10/2009 - 03:12

[quote author=spazturtle link=topic=2018.msg14002#msg14002 date=1249559358]
2D Boy are PEOPLE and PEOPLE have LIVES and they have OTHER things to do, ok?

No shit?  Really???  And here I was asking a question about the game and the content that was promised to people that paid for and Pre-Order the game.

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???fudgywudgy08/10/2009 - 03:20

[quote author=TheHermit link=topic=2018.msg14006#msg14006 date=1249570757]

Ah well, figures.

It's so nice when people who have barely contributed to the forum decide to rant... ::)

First of all, "barely contributed to the Forums" is a debatable statement.  If you mean someone who hasn't trolled as much as you, then yes you're right.  I've been a fan of the game as long as anyone so you can keep your tripe to yourself thank you very much.

Secondly, if you thought that was a "Rant", then you must get stressed out fairly easily.  I posted a question in the topic, a legitimate question at that.  The comments within my post are also relevant because I've noticed that others have tried asking about the Profanity pack and / or any future game updates without so much as a reply.  I think when you pay for something and are told "this is what you'll get for pre-ordering", it's your right to ask "Okay, where's that thing you promised me for pre-ordering??" - when the item in question hasn't been mentioned again and months have gone by.  However, it was still part of the special "Pre-Order" offer.  I'd just like to know where / when it'll be released, a rough idea would be nice, rather than no answer at all.  Fair enough?

So please, try not to act like you're above the rest of us, okay?  Save that crap for the people that pirate the game, not the customers that paid for the game.

Last modified Mon, 08/10/2009 - 03:25 by fudgywudgy
Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???TheHermit08/10/2009 - 10:32

Such a great attitude. I can't think why Ron & Kyle didn't leap to respond as soon as they saw your post...

Oh that's right, they don't come here very often because they realised whilst making WoG that if they read EVERY post on this board they'd never get the game done.

Now perhaps if you had phrased it, and your responses since, more politely, then maybe you'd get an answer... but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you! Personally I feel that they have "moved on" from WoG and it will a long time, if ever, before they do anything else to it.

As for me "trolling"... I've helped when someone asks a question that isn't already answered in the forums, but if it's been answered several times and the poster can't be bothered to search then the sarcasm kicks in.

I think your a "Ranter", you think I'm a "Troller".

Meh.

Whatever! :D

Last modified Mon, 08/10/2009 - 10:38 by TheHermit
Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???GewaltSam08/10/2009 - 19:36

Well: The tone wasn't that nice, but it's a really good question. And I think the argument that Kyle and Ron are people and have lives isn't a good response; they gave us their word to get the profanity pack, and a year since release is a long time for this kind of thing. Neither is it really important how much fudgywudgy, or me, or all the others that are waiting contributed to the forums; we contributed with our money to make a great game and to keep 2DBoy running, and I think that gives us some sort of voice in this matter. I got the preorder too and I'm waiting for the profanity pack for quite a while now. Just an answer if it will come out anytime soon would be nice. I just hope it had not been forgotten completely.

WoG is nevertheless a formidable game and i had much fun with it. I also hope on future releases from 2DBoy that I am sure as hell willing to pay for if they are as good as WoG. I am waiting for the profanity pack to play the game again though, so please, 2DBoy: Tell us if we have to wait much longer.

Last modified Mon, 08/10/2009 - 21:42 by GewaltSam
And who won the profanity competition?themacmeister08/11/2009 - 03:48

I remember (vaguely) about a competition where I entered about 4 or 5 ideas for profanity. Haven't heard a peep since.

Maybe it will be a total and utter xmas surprise at the end of the year!!!

Here's hoping...

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???Stickybomb6708/12/2009 - 16:38

Please save the profanities for elsewhere. Do you know how young some forumers are?

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???Nic Freed08/17/2009 - 15:35

I've been a fan of the game as long as anyone

Oh rlly? Since tower of goo? That's me, and a few other vets on the forum :D

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???lafe08/18/2009 - 10:38

Ah well, figures.

because, they, like me, are developers, and,
i know first hand,
we developers are lazy, and busy.
ron and kyle are happly working away at expermentalgameplay.com
the birthplace of world of goo, might i say.

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???Windexglow08/29/2009 - 00:26

We paid money for a game, part of it was the expectation of a profanity pack.  Some people (me included) have been waiting for nearly a year for this pack, it's not exactly heart warming to find out the developers are too lazy to keep their promises, and it's fanbase is too zealous.

Yes, programmers are lazy.  It's not an excuse to lie though.

EDIT1: These forums are pretty dead either way, it'd take a humble 10 minutes to read through this entire forum.

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???fudgywudgy09/01/2009 - 11:38

Obviously others feel the same.  Ah well, you're right Windexglow, these forums are dead anyway and there never were any responses (to anyone on these forums) from the developers regarding any questions or concerns people had.  Furthermore lying about bonus features just to get money out of people before the actual release is pretty rotten.  Giving the ability to pre-order is one thing, but don't make up promises to get more people to pre-order and pocket for yourself before the product is even finished.  Considering this product is still not finished and there have been no responses to peoples concerns at least now we know where the developers interests lie, and we also know the level of customer service (or lack of) we should expect to receive. 

These forums might as well stay dead anyway.

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???macro0109/02/2009 - 00:50

Regarding the profanity pack I can't
blame people here they need updates.
My sister also waiting for the profanity
pack. For the meantime I just want to enjoy
the game.

Last modified Wed, 09/02/2009 - 05:08 by Soultaker
Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???Nic Freed09/02/2009 - 07:00

The forums are NOT dead  >:(

And ron is busy making a couple of new games and running EG, as is kyle, just give them some time, its not like indie developers to not be for the people!

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???WrectHead6709/04/2009 - 18:28

[quote author=Stickybomb67 link=topic=2018.msg14051#msg14051 date=1250113085]
Please save the profanities for elsewhere. Do you know how young some forumers are?

@$$hole.

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???Nic Freed09/04/2009 - 20:51

[quote author=WrectHead67 link=topic=2018.msg14275#msg14275 date=1252106902]

@$$hole.

14 years, but I have to admit, I have known them all for quite a while...

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???Stickybomb6709/05/2009 - 08:48

[quote author=WrectHead67 link=topic=2018.msg14275#msg14275 date=1252106902]

@$$hole.

Shut up.

Re: Okay, here's a relevant question. Where's the fucking profanity pack???davidc09/06/2009 - 14:56

Not constructive. The original question has been posed. Ron or Kyle may reply if they choose, but in the meantime, topic locked.