PAL disc release - Australia?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
PAL disc release - Australia?themacmeister10/02/2008 - 21:03

I have a Wii, and a PC. I have pre-ordered the PC version of the game, but would also love it on the Wii. Europe (an admittedly very large market) are getting a disc release. Australia uses the same TV format (PAL B/G) as Europe, and we speak/spell mostly UK English - so this has got me thinking. Would it be a trivial endeavour to release in Australia on disc?

I have owned my Wii since Super Mario Galaxy was released (to the day), and it has never been, and may well never end up being, connected to the internet. I do not have WiFi, and I cannot source the ethernet adapter easily. Maybe it is more of a personal preference to keep my Wii offline, and play offline.

I seem to recall that the world has been split into "zones" and that games from another zone cannot be played on a different zones console. I assume nothing has changed in this regard.

It is almost certainly too late to change anything for the original release, but if the game sells like hotcakes in Europe, would you consider an Australasian release on disc?

If this doesn't eventuate, I will probably go to the trouble of setting up the system at my broadband router, and probably buy some VC games as well as WoG, but it is an expensive and cumbersome task for a one-off, seeing I will probably never go online with the Wii again after that...

I look forward to some clarification on this subject.

Cheers.

STOP PRESS: I just noticed elsewhere on the forum that there may be a boxed PC version in Europe (with the elusive Moon Chapter). Surely this will run on non European PCs right?

Don't get me wrong, I still want it on the Wii, but this sounds like a good deal to obtain the "missing" content.  ;D

Last modified Thu, 10/02/2008 - 21:45 by themacmeister
Re: PAL disc release - Australia?Mashandar10/03/2008 - 03:33

there's technically nothing that distinguishes one countries PC from another, so
there would be nothing stopping your from running a European boxed PC version on your PC.

Re: PAL disc release - Australia?Hideous10/03/2008 - 07:08

Also, European discs are the same as Australian discs on the Wii.

Re: PAL disc release - Australia?The Happy Friar10/03/2008 - 09:18

if it's like DVD regions you'll be part of the non-NA group (south+latin america + mexico).  but then again, it only matters where your Wii came from.  If it's a US region you bought it from you should be able to buy it via wii-ware.  For example.