Copyright Information

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Copyright InformationAdrianD00110/06/2009 - 18:34

Hello,

My name is Adrian and I'm filming a short film for the LG filmfest. I'm currently a student at Mcmaster University in the faculty of theatre and film.
  The film is 5 minutes long, and I would like to use 2 of the World of Goo songs in a scene in the movie. I am using only the first 25 seconds of each track at the end of my movie and during the credits.
  I was wondering what the process would be to get the copyright permission to use these clips.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Adrian

Please contact me at
AdrianD001@hotmail.com

Re: Copyright InformationSoultaker10/07/2009 - 15:21

Hi Adrian,

If you want to talk to the 2D Boys about this, it's probably a better idea idea to contact them through the contact form; they don't often read the forums.

Re: Copyright InformationAdrianD00110/08/2009 - 23:18

I did try to contact them with that form, but its been a month and no reply. I even sent another message to them 3 days ago and I'm still waiting for a reply.
  Maybe since their putting up their soundtrack to download for free, they wouldn't mind me using like 30 seconds of it in a short film.
  I don't know, if anyone knows any other way I can get in touch with them I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Adrian

Re: Copyright InformationSoultaker10/10/2009 - 09:00

My guess is that they wouldn't mind if you used a clip for your project. ;) Of course that's no official authorization, but I doubt anyone would think badly of you if you used the music in the way you described.