got my notice! but everyone and the grandma downloading at once

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
got my notice! but everyone and the grandma downloading at once muddpuddle10/06/2008 - 16:43

:-\

getting a download rate of a whopping 2.7 kbs (was 1.something just a bit ago).

may not be playing until the normal release date :'(

good luck!

Re: got my notice! but everyone and the grandma downloading at once IcyMidnight10/06/2008 - 20:54

Why do you hate me Automated Download Bot?!  :'(

Re: got my notice! but everyone and the grandma downloading at once lukipuk10/06/2008 - 21:14

I almost had it on the disk but suddenly the server went down for a few minutes and now i cant start the download again because "Automated Download Bot is serving all the downloads he can right now"  ???  >:(  :'(

Re: got my notice! but everyone and the grandma downloading at once IcyMidnight10/06/2008 - 21:30

I almost had it (0.1MB from finished) but then I forgot that firefox was downloading it, closed the browser and killed it. When I opened the browser again, I guess firefox resumed and overwrote it with some sort of "you're not authorised" file. Now I've been waiting for an hour for a spot again.

:'(

Re: got my notice! but everyone and the grandma downloading at once DevOhm10/06/2008 - 21:38

This is like some weird sort of penance we're paying. It's like our last display of devotion before we get rewarded.

Re: got my notice! but everyone and the grandma downloading at once IcyMidnight10/06/2008 - 21:40

Automated Download Bot may hate me, but 2D Boy Automated Download Buddy loves me!  ;D

Re: got my notice! but everyone and the grandma downloading at once Dil99910/06/2008 - 23:28

Gonna keep trying the download bot every 5 minutes until midnight tonight (I got my code less than a minute ago).  Hopefully I can run the download overnight, install before I go to school tomorrow, and play right when I get home.
EDIT: WOO! The download just started and ETA is <15 minutes- thank you google chrome!

Last modified Mon, 10/06/2008 - 23:33 by Dil999
Re: got my notice! but everyone and the grandma downloading at once deadmanaus10/06/2008 - 23:35

Had the download going twice but the internet here (at work) has dropped out twice - once when it had 4% remaining :(

Trying via remote desktop to get it @ home now - hopefully the different IP's won't be a problem

Re: got my notice! but everyone and the grandma downloading at once Dingobloo10/07/2008 - 00:44

Hard to be angry when we're getting the game early but for later releases you might considering putting up a torrent and having the .torrent files accessible through the download bot.

PS. Adding a meebo chat-room to the too many downloaders page was ingenious.