My mom won't trust your site

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
My mom won't trust your siteEric9511/13/2009 - 10:58

Hi!
I got the demo of World of Goo, and I enjoyed it very much. Now, since I don't have a credit cart my mother has to help me with this. She doesn't want to give her number to paypal, though, because she isn't sure if it's safe or not, and advises me to get the Steam version instead. I have read the facts and buying from 2DBoy directly seems like a much better buy. Can you help me change her mind?

Re: My mom won't trust your siteEric9511/13/2009 - 11:43

Nvm, just got the Steam version.

Re: My mom won't trust your siteTheWampaKing11/18/2009 - 11:41

How bout them frowning onions.

Re: My mom won't trust your siteGMMan11/19/2009 - 21:27

Sucker. The Steam version sucks. It's not even updated. Sure, there are achievements, but so does GooFans. Did I mention you have to have Steam the 100MB behemoth running in your RAM the whole time? You also missed out the possibility of Mac and Linux versions. Really, PayPal is safe. I don't know why your mom doesn't think that. Just because it doesn't go through an app doesn't mean it's unsafe.

At least you can break free from the Steam monster by installing the 1.30 patch. No achievements, but also no Steam giant required either.