The end of the game

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
The end of the gameTooms12/14/2009 - 07:36

Hi! Can anyone explain me the end of the game. I didn't understand what the telescope saw there?!  :-[

All in all a great game. Thanks for creating this.  :D

Re: The end of the gameGMMan12/14/2009 - 14:52

The telescope managed to see a giant goo ball, but it was just a typical grey goo on top of the telescope. The Telescope Operator ended up smushing it on the ground. The tower was the one from the end of Chapter 1, going past another planet. The goo balls waking up on that planet probably means that there is another goo planet out there, and that might be what the goo balls at the WoG Corp. are building towards.

Re: The end of the game!12/14/2009 - 15:54

In addendum (perhaps non-canonical), the planet that is seen is the M.O.O.N. 2.0. The Goo balls from the nonexistent prequel found some way to transport themselves up there and destroy the advertisements on the M.O.O.N.. The next generation of Goo (The ones in the game) instinctively traveled to the pipes leading to the Corporation and built towards the M.O.O.N., destroying the World as they go, in the manner of parasites.

Hope this helps!

Re: The end of the gameMethanalCHO12/14/2009 - 16:18

[quote author=! link=topic=2356.msg15674#msg15674 date=1260824057]
In addendum (perhaps non-canonical), the planet that is seen is the M.O.O.N. 2.0. The Goo balls from the nonexistent prequel found some way to transport themselves up there and destroy the advertisements on the M.O.O.N.. The next generation of Goo (The ones in the game) instinctively traveled to the pipes leading to the Corporation and built towards the M.O.O.N., destroying the World as they go, in the manner of parasites.

Hope this helps!

1. The advertisements may not of necacarily been destroyed: maybe the billboards simply "turned off" after the explosion of World of Goo Corporation.
2. I don't think the goo-balls meant any real harm when they exploded the Corporation. They simply lost sight of reality after Product Z was released and needed help returning to reality. If you have to point fingers, point them at MOM: she probably made the Undelete pill. The goo-balls also did several beneficial things, such as restarting the Beauty Generator, providing electricity to the entire World.

Re: The end of the gameTooms12/14/2009 - 19:47

Wow, thanks for the fast answers. Now I do understand what happened there. I've read in the FAQ, that 2DBoy don't wanna create another Goo game, that's really a shame.

Re: The end of the game!12/14/2009 - 21:18

[quote author=MethanalCHO link=topic=2356.msg15675#msg15675 date=1260825521]
[quote author=! link=topic=2356.msg15674#msg15674 date=1260824057]

Hope this helps!

1. The advertisements may not of necacarily been destroyed: maybe the billboards simply "turned off" after the explosion of World of Goo Corporation.
2. I don't think the goo-balls meant any real harm when they exploded the Corporation. They simply lost sight of reality after Product Z was released and needed help returning to reality. If you have to point fingers, point them at MOM: she probably made the Undelete pill. The goo-balls also did several beneficial things, such as restarting the Beauty Generator, providing electricity to the entire World.

Ah, sorry. Kind of threw them in a bad light there, didn't I? :-\