Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign Painter

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign Painter!12/14/2009 - 16:41

I was thinking about this one.

The Sign Painter: They seem to share a symbiotic relationship, the Painter helping the Goo find 'shelter', and the Goo providing a drink for the Painter, and something to look at through the Telescope.

MOM: It's unclear what the Goo think of MOM; They worked together to destroy the Corporation, but they don't seem to be affected by her 'death'. The interaction between the Goo and MOM through the dialog tree is fuzzy whether it's actually the Goo communicating, or some kind of Controller...

So, the reason I started this topic is that I draw pictures in my notebook of World of Goo. The Goo balls find a special pipe to the center of the earth and a bootleg copy of MOM OS. The Sign Painter Telescope Operator hatches a plan to destroy the World to avenge his Gooey friends who were devoured. He sends a squadron of Sticky Bombs and Spike Goo to the core of the World, communicating the directions with signposts. Once there, they discover the core of the World is pure flaming Goo. The Operator sees this as an advantage, and, tells the Bombs to connect to to the Core Goo, resulting in a massive explosion, spreading the Goo through space in search of comrades and new, Far Lands (Hany shout out!).
Meanwhile, just before the explosion, the Sign Painter uses remains from the Corp. and the Beauty Generator's head attached to some Flying Fish to power the MOM OS. He quickly becomes friends with the AI and flies off in his telescope, with the aid of several Fish.
The World explodes, and the survivors (The Operator, MOM, the Beauty Generator, and most of the Goo) float in separate directions. A portion of the Goo ends up in a Desert and evolves. The Telescope Operator floats aimlessly through space, looking for millions of miles in every direction for the rest of his days. MOM takes shelter in a computer console in the Telescope, and can freely transport herself from the Telescope to the M.O.O.N. and back with the help of the Beauty Generator Head, which ended up in orbit of the M.O.O.N.. Most of the Goo, predictably, ended up on the M.O.O.N. and united with the previous mass to create oceans on the M.O.O.N., and, eventually, all of evolution repeats.

So, how's my story?

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign Painter!12/17/2009 - 19:39

I drew this while I was half-asleep, so forgive extremely clashing personalities. Maybe the Operator went mad and destroyed the World.

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign Paintergooflamer12/17/2009 - 20:51

Maybe you could post all of your pics on the forum and you could make a youtube video for it! 8) :)  8) :)

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign PainterMethanalCHO12/17/2009 - 21:00

[quote author=! link=topic=2358.msg15689#msg15689 date=1261096746]
I drew this while I was half-asleep, so forgive extremely clashing personalities. Maybe the Operator went mad and destroyed the World.

Personally, I see no reason why the Sign Painter would go mad. But this is a POTENTIAL idea for a World of Goo 2, but I picture the Telescope Operator as a good person (maybe MOM could want revenge for the Goo-Balls destroying her?). Your idea's a little half-baked, but it could be potentially developed into a good World of Goo 2 ;)

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign Painter!12/18/2009 - 16:14

[quote author=MethanalCHO link=topic=2358.msg15691#msg15691 date=1261101630]

Personally, I see no reason why the Sign Painter would go mad. But this is a POTENTIAL idea for a World of Goo 2, but I picture the Telescope Operator as a good person (maybe MOM could want revenge for the Goo-Balls destroying her?). Your idea's a little half-baked, but it could be potentially developed into a good World of Goo 2 ;)

I think he might've secluded himself in the Telescope because the Goo drinks he enjoyed were destroyed. He seemed sad, but that could also be an enigma at work.
Big thanks, though!
[quote author=gooflamer link=topic=2358.msg15690#msg15690 date=1261101090]
Maybe you could post all of your pics on the forum and you could make a youtube video for it! 8) :)  8) :)

Sorry to disappoint, Flameo, but my notebook got stolen. :(
Plus, it wouldn't be entirely clear what was happening in each picture, as many of them are similar. And, last but not least, I'm still working out YouTube. My videos never upload right. :-\

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign PainterMethanalCHO12/20/2009 - 12:22

[quote author=! link=topic=2358.msg15696#msg15696 date=1261170867]
[quote author=MethanalCHO link=topic=2358.msg15691#msg15691 date=1261101630]

I think he might've secluded himself in the Telescope because the Goo drinks he enjoyed were destroyed. He seemed sad, but that could also be an enigma at work.
Big thanks, though!
[quote author=gooflamer link=topic=2358.msg15690#msg15690 date=1261101090]

Sorry to disappoint, Flameo, but my notebook got stolen. :(
Plus, it wouldn't be entirely clear what was happening in each picture, as many of them are similar. And, last but not least, I'm still working out YouTube. My videos never upload right. :\

I see it in which the Telescope Operator was, in fact, disappointed, and he did run away for isolation, but he had a specific reason why he chose to isolate himself from the World in the Telescope. In the non-existent prequel, The Sign Painter was most likely the Architect, so he probably designed the Telescope. But he was mostly upset not because of Goo's extinction, but because his proudest project was rendered useless.

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign Painter!12/20/2009 - 16:28

I didn't mention an extinction, but yeah, something along those lines.

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign PainterMethanalCHO12/20/2009 - 19:09

[quote author=! link=topic=2358.msg15715#msg15715 date=1261344513]

Yeah, that's because the extinction of Goo takes place in the original World of Goo, throughout the Epilogue. Most of the few surviving Goo-Balls were either murdered or sucked into the pipe system by the end of the Vane and Horizontal Massacres. By Observatory Observation Station, all the goo-balls have died.

The Vane Massacre is the same as the level "Weather Vane", and the Horizontal Massacre is the same as the level "Horizontal Transportation Innovation Community".

Rest in peace, all you Goo-Balls who died in either of the two Spring Massacres.

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign Painter!12/20/2009 - 22:40

[quote author=MethanalCHO link=topic=2358.msg15717#msg15717 date=1261354153]
[quote author=! link=topic=2358.msg15715#msg15715 date=1261344513]

Yeah, that's because the extinction of Goo takes place in the original World of Goo, throughout the Epilogue. Most of the few surviving Goo-Balls were either murdered or sucked into the pipe system by the end of the Vane and Horizontal Massacres. By Observatory Observation Station, all the goo-balls have died.

The Vane Massacre is the same as the level "Weather Vane", and the Horizontal Massacre is the same as the level "Horizontal Transportation Innovation Community".

Rest in peace, all you Goo-Balls who died in either of the two Spring Massacres.

But the pipe system led to the tower area, right? They couldn't have died there.
Also, I like your contribution, what with the Spring Massacres. Interesting.

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign Painterlowfn07/30/2010 - 04:29

;D ;D !IDEA!  ;D ;D
im gonna make pictures in my notebook for you! :D or even cut out the pics and (hopefully works)move them around and have them talk and all that... you choose for me.... make a video with the pics movin and talkin or just a bunch of pics?

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign Painter!08/01/2010 - 08:47

[quote author=lowfn link=topic=2358.msg18048#msg18048 date=1280482194]
;D ;D !IDEA!  ;D ;D
im gonna make pictures in my notebook for you! :D or even cut out the pics and (hopefully works)move them around and have them talk and all that... you choose for me.... make a video with the pics movin and talkin or just a bunch of pics?

Sounds nice. If you send me the scans, I could make a video out of it.

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign Painterblacklist2108/06/2010 - 19:58

MOM: It's unclear what the Goo think of MOM; They worked together to destroy the Corporation, but they don't seem to be affected by her 'death'. The interaction between the Goo and MOM through the dialog tree is fuzzy whether it's actually the Goo communicating, or some kind of Controller...

Personally, I see no reason why the Sign Painter would go mad. But this is a POTENTIAL idea for a World of Goo 2, but I picture the Telescope Operator as a good person (maybe MOM could want revenge for the Goo-Balls destroying her?). Your idea's a little half-baked, but it could be potentially developed into a good World of Goo 2

Re: Relationship between the Goo and MOM, the Sign Painter!08/06/2010 - 22:41

[quote author=blacklist21 link=topic=2358.msg18115#msg18115 date=1281142739]

Personally, I see no reason why the Sign Painter would go mad. But this is a POTENTIAL idea for a World of Goo 2, but I picture the Telescope Operator as a good person (maybe MOM could want revenge for the Goo-Balls destroying her?). Your idea's a little half-baked, but it could be potentially developed into a good World of Goo 2

Do you mean:

[quote author=! link=topic=2358.msg15676#msg15676 date=1260826889]MOM: It's unclear what the Goo think of MOM; They worked together to destroy the Corporation, but they don't seem to be affected by her 'death'. The interaction between the Goo and MOM through the dialog tree is fuzzy whether it's actually the Goo communicating, or some kind of Controller...
[quote author=MethanalCHO link=topic=2358.msg15691#msg15691 date=1261101630]Personally, I see no reason why the Sign Painter would go mad. But this is a POTENTIAL idea for a World of Goo 2, but I picture the Telescope Operator as a good person (maybe MOM could want revenge for the Goo-Balls destroying her?). Your idea's a little half-baked, but it could be potentially developed into a good World of Goo 2 ;)