WoG school verison

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
WoG school verisongooflamer01/15/2010 - 17:15

Hey! Its me, gooflamer! I showed a WoG wiki to my science teacher(By the way, I got an A+ science, And thats the only A+ on my report card.)and she likes it! So, does anybody know where to get a WoG for my school? If you don't, can someone convince 2dboy to make a WoG school verison? It just has to work with the all the school computers? Thanks!

Re: WoG school verisonGMMan01/15/2010 - 17:49

World of Goo works with my school's computers, with the exception of links by non-standard (i.e. black no-eyes goo and green square goos). All that's really needed is a decent graphic card (not too old) and the latest version of DirectX (including "optional" libraries).

World of Goo isn't really educational aside from that it uses close-to-real physics, so I don't think 2D Boy would make a school version. And school computers have (typically) bad graphics, so upgrades to run WoG would cost quite a lot more than a copy of WoG.

Re: WoG school verisongooflamer01/15/2010 - 17:53

My school uses windows xp

Re: WoG school verisonGMMan01/15/2010 - 23:21

So does mine. Your point?

Re: WoG school verisonJORISZ01/16/2010 - 01:17

Actually,WoG would work even on Asus Ee,and that's really a bad notebook,it has 800Mhz processor.

Re: WoG school verisonspazturtle01/16/2010 - 10:24

[quote author=JORISZ link=topic=2408.msg16058#msg16058 date=1263622678]
Actually,WoG would work even on Asus Ee,and that's really a bad notebook,it has 800Mhz processor.

Its not a really bad notebook its a really good netbook.

P.S. Its prossesor is underclocked to 500MHz

Re: WoG school verisonJORISZ01/16/2010 - 13:00

I mean'nt that is weak  :D

Re: WoG school verisongirltarist01/18/2010 - 02:36

I'm actually doing some research of WoG... I'm arguing that the game is a practical tool that kids/teens can use that can lead to theme exploration in different subject areas like math, science, language, arts, etc...

What I'm trying to say is that there is a ton of educational value in World of Goo.  ;D

Re: WoG school verisonjmleleven01/30/2010 - 09:42

[quote author=gooflamer link=topic=2408.msg16045#msg16045 date=1263593758]
Hey! Its me, gooflamer! I showed a WoG wiki to my science teacher(By the way, I got an A+ science, And thats the only A+ on my report card.)and she likes it! So, does anybody know where to get a WoG for my school? If you don't, can someone convince 2dboy to make a WoG school verison? It just has to work with the all the school computers? Thanks!

Well, I've done this once or twice... try getting WoG on your memory stick, (WoG Portable  at goofans.com, or use this very old topic: www.2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,678.0.html) and it can then run in school (at mine, anyways.)

Re: WoG school verisonseanl02/16/2010 - 00:17

My school is in windows xp too!

Re: WoG school verisonAldenteVonTino02/16/2010 - 10:38

[quote author=girltarist link=topic=2408.msg16158#msg16158 date=1263800218]
I'm actually doing some research of WoG... I'm arguing that the game is a practical tool that kids/teens can use that can lead to theme exploration in different subject areas like math, science, language, arts, etc...

What I'm trying to say is that there is a ton of educational value in World of Goo.  ;D

8)
Spot on! Most definitely has educational value of the utmost! Not only those mentioned, but also for logic and maybe a few others also!
;D

Re: WoG school verisongooflamer10/15/2010 - 18:36

Well, I have already gotten it on my schools computers. I did it earlier this year. But becuase we didnt have enough money to get the full virsion, we only got the demo. Mabey, MC, you could show your science teacher WoG, and then she may show it to the princible, and then your computer guy/girl, and you msy get WoG at your school! But I'm doubting you will get the full virson at your school. You may only get the demo. But hey, at least its better than nothing.(P.S.: 2dboy, I advertized your game at my school, makin it more popular! So you owe me one. I think.)