End of Chapter 4 help! (spoilers!!)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
End of Chapter 4 help! (spoilers!!)alexayers10/07/2008 - 19:57

What am I suppose to do to beat this level? I've played through countless times but I don't understand the goal. I get the undelete pill to bottom net, and I guess I'm suppose to put it in the red liquid below, but I have no idea how to make that happen.  :-[

Re: End of Chapter 4 help! (spoilers!!)GewaltSam10/07/2008 - 21:05

I had the same problem and went to the forums for help. Shortly after i read your thread i found the answer :)

I will give you a tip: When the button drops into the net at the bottom, don't do anything at first. just look at the whole thing and think a little bit what's possible here. Look at the position of the goo too... It is not that difficult :)

Good luck!

Re: End of Chapter 4 help! (spoilers!!)TwentySeven10/07/2008 - 21:27

[SPOILER]

Well I'm not sure of what the intended way to beat it was.. how I did it felt a little glitchy.

I fired a single ball back and forth between the short hanging rope and the long hanging rope.  It took some pretty good timing to make the long one swing back and forth more and more til it hit the fire.

Is there a better way to do this?  I Thought all I'd have to do is use the whistle to lure the balls down to the bottom of the long rope and make it swing that way, but they refused to go down.

Re: End of Chapter 4 help! (spoilers!!)alexayers10/07/2008 - 21:38

@GewaltSam
At first I thought that's the worst advice ever, but then I actually did what you said and it made perfect sense.  :D

@TwentySeven
Yup, after beating it I came back to check on the thread and that's exactly what I did to beat it. I kept trying to force the pill through the net by hitting it repeatedly. I even took two of those squares, moved them all the way to the top of bin (because if you try to make them go down with the rest of the goo they blow up), blew a way to the bottom, dragged the two cubes to the bottom thinking I could extend the chain only to find they wouldn't connect. All my effort wasted.