Can not download World of Goo

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Can not download World of Goojsteel201/31/2010 - 10:37

Hello

I have paid for (and verified through my credit card) World of Goo.

I have not received an email to download it.
I have followed all the email bot links to no avail.
I have left info on the Contact link.
I have waited a week for a response.
Can someone here possibly help, or do I simply need to contest the charges at this point?

Thanks-
jsteel

Re: Can not download World of GooGMMan01/31/2010 - 21:46

1. Where did you exactly buy it from?
2. What did the Manual Email Bot say?
3. Are you sure you have the right email address?

Re: Can not download World of Goojsteel202/01/2010 - 13:19

1 http://2dboy.com/games.php

2a Manual Email Bot says: You are getting this message for any of several reasons, listed below. Whatever it is, we'll fix it, so don't worry.

-a matching email was not found (did you type it correctly?)
-your order might not have been processed yet
-the internet ate it - you might want to try and get your download link right now, by using option #2

--
For help, please contact us
Or try the forums http://2dboy.com/forum

2b Manual Email Bot is having trouble finding your order. Did you type in your information correctly? Are you using the email address paypal has on file for you? If you think this is an error, no worries, please contact us at the link below, and a human will help you as soon as possible!

--
For help, please contact us
Or try the forums http://2dboy.com/forum

3 I am not sure at this point. It is the only thing that makes sense is that my email was a typo.  However, no one has responded to my "contact us" link.  I made sure that my email was correct in the correspondence.

Re: Can not download World of GooGMMan02/01/2010 - 14:31

2D Boy takes a while to respond to any email. The best thing to do now is to verify your email address. Do you use a different email address for PayPal than you do with regular email? If so, then 2D Boy would probably have sent your confirmation mail there. Go into your PayPal account and check.

Re: Can not download World of Goojsteel202/01/2010 - 18:12

I contacted the phone number from the credit card transaction. 

That led me to Paypal.  They confirmed my email address supplied from 2DBoy is incorrect.  They cannot fix it on their end. Joy.
They gave me a phone number for 2DBoy, which led to an answering machine. I left a message.

My problem at this point is:  I did contact 2DBoy over a week ago.  It should not take over a week to respond to a customer service issue.
Hopefully someone responds to the voicemail.  Again, anyone have any suggestions?

Now- 
/soapbox on/

This is rather disheartening from an independent developer.  I have purchased games through other distribution methods and not had such a time contacting a live person.
I bought this software partly because I enjoyed the demo, but MAINLY because I want to support developers who are actively making games under linux.  I could have (and now am wondering if I should have) done the easier, friendlier method of downloading via
1) torrent
2) NZB
3) P2P
But I would rather support the people behind the screen. 

So- Hello! Are they out there?

/soapbox off/

Thanks for any and all help

Re: Can not download World of Goojsteel202/01/2010 - 18:14

Clarification:

I did not use a Paypal account.
I simply filled in my CC info on the screen w/o setting up a PP account.

Re: Can not download World of GooGMMan02/02/2010 - 13:04

If you know what the incorrect email address is, you can still use the Manual Email Bot to give you the download link.

Re: Can not download World of Goojsteel202/02/2010 - 20:31

So tonight I tried about 10 different mis-typings of my email, and voila! I found it.  I dropped a single letter.

So success!

Still-  this is really sad that a company has not responded at all in 10 days to a paying customers problem.
Not a response via email, telephone contact, or even this forum!

Seriously- If this were Newegg, Ebay, or any other ratings based system - yea, NO.  Not a good rating at this point.  I hope SOMEONE FROM 2DBOY READS THIS, and fixes the MESS that is there customer service.

I look forward to seeing if ANYONE responds, and will post back here when/if they do.  Call it a barometer if you will.

Thanks for your help! I guessed from your replies that you are not affiliated with 2DBoy, but yet took the time to help- the suggestion of trying to remember the email helped- If only by guessing as to what my mistake was.  This has to be the first system i have used that didnt ask for an email address twice to confirm. Odd.

Re: Can not download World of Gooseanl02/03/2010 - 18:24

Did you go to http://wwww.worldofgoo.com and click "get it here?"

Re: Can not download World of GooGMMan02/03/2010 - 18:30

[quote author=seanl link=topic=2518.msg16348#msg16348 date=1265239473]
Did you go to http://wwww.worldofgoo.com and click "get it here?"

Would you please read the entire thread?

Re: Can not download World of Gooseanl02/12/2010 - 20:45

I did already.

Re: Can not download World of GooGMMan02/12/2010 - 22:38

<silent>

Re: Can not download World of Goojsteel202/13/2010 - 18:26

So, the game has been completed.  My tower briefly ht 32.0m, then fell.

I can keep a tower at 31m, but wheres the fun in that?

It has been loads of fun.  But, my little 'test' if you will- total failure.

No emails, nor phone calls in 3 weeks. Kinda sad :(

Stick a fork in it, this thread is done.

GMMan, thanks again for your help!  I enjoyed the game and your help was appreciated!