Not enough balls

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Not enough ballsHideous10/08/2008 - 04:42

According to my profile, I have ~500 gooballs, but in WoGC I only have access to 217, AND I have TWO clouds, one saying that I used 217 out of 217 balls, and one saying I used 217 out of ~500 balls. What is this?

Re: Not enough ballsNic Freed10/08/2008 - 05:17

meh-heh, laughed at the title of  this post :). on your problem, it sound pretty bad, if you really think its worth it, you should restart... but i know you dont want that, so id wait for other comments.peace, and good luck :)

Re: Not enough ballsDaniel10/08/2008 - 06:04

I have two clouds too!
My profile shows me actually 626 goos, but I just reach chapter 3. I don't know when and where I get so much balls?
I will test this with a new profil and will look after the goos-count finishing each level.

The two clouds are funny, because one try to catch the other.

Edit:
My profile shows me totally all the goos I collect in the game. This is right. In WoGC I can use less, only the "+" counted balls. This is right too.

One cloud shows the total number of goos, like the clouds I see from other players and one cloud shows all I can use to built the tower, like in the preview.

Last modified Wed, 10/08/2008 - 07:40 by Daniel
Re: Not enough ballsalexayers10/08/2008 - 07:16

I also have two clouds. It's reassuring to know there's always another friendly cloud in the sky following right behind me.

Re: Not enough ballsBallisticsfood10/08/2008 - 08:39

the two clouds is because one of them is your currewnt leaderboard status. It only updates every few seconds.

As for the lack of balls, i have no idea what's causing that. Did you import your pers.dat from the preview?

Re: Not enough ballsFrederic10/08/2008 - 12:33

i have only 300 goo-balls in the company but the cloud says i should have 735. I tried to get some more and rescued some more goo, but nothing changed. still 300.

Re: Not enough ballsBallisticsfood10/08/2008 - 13:08

[quote author=Frederic link=topic=254.msg2102#msg2102 date=1223487191]
i have only 300 goo-balls in the company but the cloud says i should have 735. I tried to get some more and rescued some more goo, but nothing changed. still 300.

Try reading the signs when you first get to WoGCo. I semi-quote:

"Fire safety regulations cap the number of living things here to 300"

That's for two reasons i'd assume.
1: to stop the ludicrously good players getting a massive lead over the rest of humanity (especially as they're good at building towers in the first place)
2: Lag. I have almost 1000 gooballs, having all of them onscreen at once would be laggy as hell, not to mention annoying; and i don't even want to think about what would happen to the sway of the tower with 900+ gooballs crawling around on it.

So yeah, 300 is the maximum.

Re: Not enough ballsDaniel10/08/2008 - 14:19

So evertyhing is OK. I don't import the old pers.dat and my max. number of goos (actually 626) is the right one.

I just wondering about the new display-mode in the clouds:

e.g.: 275 - 815
1. how many used for the tower
2. total score of collected goos

The second cloud is just for information how many balls are free.

Re: Not enough ballsDil99910/08/2008 - 17:51

WoG Corp. still badly needs an upgrade, though.  It gets extremely hard to build with 300 balls crawling around on your tower.

Re: Not enough ballsFrederic10/08/2008 - 18:19

i don't think it will lag extremely even not with 1000 balls. it would be cooler if you get all your balls, then you will try to make every level better... just like in the firts-chapter-preview.

why not make 200 balls in WoGC and when all 200 are build in the tower you get another 200 just until you reach your maximum amount of balls (and if you disconnect some, some of the goo still moving flee from the screen and disappear so that you will never have more then say 250 balls moving on the screen...).