Take It Slow

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Take It SlowLK4O410/08/2008 - 15:44

After reading a few of people's first impressions and getting my early copy of World of Goo, I decided to play the game slowly. I've heard from a few people that the game is short, and so even though I got it the first day, I intentionally stopped playing at the beginning of Chapter 3. Then the next day, I played it up until halfway through Chapter 4. (The end of Chapter 3 and beginning of Chapter 4 are fucking brilliant by the way.) And tonight, I plan on playing even more.

For those of you getting your preview copies, I warn you. Don't finish the game in a single day. Savor the goo. Make it last. I've played my copy for two days now and I'm still looking forward to going home so I can play it more and see what's going to happen next.

Take it slow. :D

Re: Take It Slowlukipuk10/08/2008 - 16:22

Very good advice! I completed whole game in 6 hours and now i'm sad  :'(

Re: Take It SlowResilient10/08/2008 - 16:26

We can hope for a level editor some day...  It seems like this game is just begging for it.  Granted, the level artwork would be difficult to integrate...

But I blazed through it and am fine with it.  There is always the corporation and records to improve upon.

I wont rest till I get all OCD :P

Re: Take It SlowBeSD10/08/2008 - 16:48

Adding the OCD to the game is a brilliant move to give the game more replay value. It really makes me obsessive to get the most out of it.

Re: Take It Slowlukipuk10/08/2008 - 22:53

Yeah, the OCD gives the game like whole new dimension. Getting it in some of the levels just seems impossible to me ... yet :) But i really hope that authors will release some patch with the almighty 'restart level' button which would not dissapear after level objectives have been completed!

Last modified Wed, 10/08/2008 - 22:56 by lukipuk
Re: Take It SlowMarius10/09/2008 - 05:50

[quote author=lukipuk link=topic=265.msg2171#msg2171 date=1223524428]
Yeah, the OCD gives the game like whole new dimension. Getting it in some of the levels just seems impossible to me ... yet :) But i really hope that authors will release some patch with the almighty 'restart level' button which would not dissapear after level objectives have been completed!
Click a signpainter sign. Then you can press esc -> retry :D

Re: Take It Slowhitmarty10/09/2008 - 08:22

i also play it slow to get a feel for the levels and a better score. Hope the leaderboards are online soon!

Re: Take It Slowbennbill10/09/2008 - 09:12

Yeah the OCD's really make you think; and make the game so much more hardcore than just completingt the levels first time through. Great replay value with OCD

Re: Take It Slowynbniar10/09/2008 - 13:29

Enjoying my WoG and also taking it slow, though that isn't surprising as I rarely complete games these days.

Being an slightly older gamer means I have less time to play...I think the only games I've played to completion over the last few years have been the HL2 series.

So, working on my Goo and when I'm not M:SOTF is where you'll find me...

...where would we be without Indie Devs?