Help with Deliverance (spoilers)

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Help with Deliverance (spoilers)electrodruid10/08/2008 - 19:48

Hi guys,

I'm stuck on Deliverance (the level at/near the end of World 4, with the Recycle bin). I can get down to the bottom of the level (sometimes in one massive chain reaction, sometimes bit by bit, firing balls up towards the nearest flame until all the floors break), but I'm completely stuck once I get down there. I've seen the square gooballs near the bottom, and I know I could use those to build towards the last flame and destroy the final structure, but having tried 50+ times, I can't break through the last floor without destroying all of them. Am I missing something, or is this one of those obligatory annoying "it's all down to sheer luck" levels in the middle of an otherwise impeccably-designed game?

Re: Help with Deliverance (spoilers)Daniel10/08/2008 - 20:03

...jump like Tarzan and rock...

Re: Help with Deliverance (spoilers)electrodruid10/08/2008 - 20:13

Gah, why didn't I think of that?  ::)

Thank you  ;D

Re: Help with Deliverance (spoilers)Scorpi10/08/2008 - 21:46

It's not all down to luck - you can kind of assume that you'll burn away all the gooballs you find on the way down to the "net" of square ones. Once you get there, though, well... like the last guy said, think about Tarzan. I have a thing against giving away solutions, but remember, it's a physics game and a building game. So, think about Tarzan...