Tomorrow Corporation™!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Tomorrow Corporation™!Nicosmos03/08/2010 - 08:58

Have you seen that?
Kyle Gabler*, Allan Blomquist and Kyle Gray have just founded a new indie studio, Tomorrow Corporation™, and they are making a new game! ;D
[=7pt]Perhaps we will learn more about it at GDC/IGF ?[/] :)

More info on http://www.tomorrowcorporation.com! ;)

[=7pt]*And no news of Ron, except about his lecture tomorrow. However, apart from the 'tomorrow' thing, it has nothing to do with the Corp™... :P[/]

Last modified Mon, 03/08/2010 - 10:33 by Nicosmos
Re: Tomorrow Corporation™!Pavke03/08/2010 - 12:34

WOW! That great news! Sound like it's going to be awesome new stuff there!

I can already recognize Kyles distinctive art and story telling. He probably wrote that whole site.
So do you know when should we expect the game?

But, what happened to 2D Boy? Is it still a working studio? Will Kyle have the time and ideas to work both here and there??

Now, I'm happy for Tom. Corp. but I'm kind of sad about 2D Boy.

Re: Tomorrow Corporation™!thB03/08/2010 - 12:52

I don't think there will be much left of 2D Boy. Someone (unfortunately, I forgot who it was) stated already months ago that 2D Boy was basically a one-game project. They created the company primarily to be able to release World of Goo. Well, they did. So I guess everyone moves on now.

Re: Tomorrow Corporation™!Nicosmos03/08/2010 - 13:10

Quote:
But, what happened to 2D Boy? Is it still a working studio? Will Kyle have the time and ideas to work both here and there??
Quote:
I don't think there will be much left of 2D Boy.

Yes, 2D Boy actually seems to have been 'only' the 3 years association between Kyle and Ron, in order to make WoG. :)
Now, each one goes to their own projects. Tomorrow Corp. and the game which will follow for Kyle, and something still unknown for Ron.

Edit: IndieGames.com says « [=6pt][...][/] World of Goo co-creator Gabler, who also continues to operate 2D Boy with [=6pt][...][/] Ron Carmel ». ;)
Edit: Kyle Gray says « 2D Boy is still going strong, Tomorrow Corporation is a new venture between Kyle, Allan, and myself. » ! ;D

Quote:
I can already recognize Kyles distinctive art and story telling. He probably wrote that whole site.
So do you know when should we expect the game?

Indeed, the website atmosphere and this introduction are just brilliant. I like the way they pretend to be a big mercantile company which have bought these three creators to make money with indie games. ;D

Last modified Tue, 03/09/2010 - 02:02 by Nicosmos
Re: Tomorrow Corporation™!GMMan03/09/2010 - 14:40

Well, that's good to know. However, I hope the games between 2D Boy and Tomorrow Corporation won't be too similar. Actually, I don't expect that it will be because of the different people involved.

Re: Tomorrow Corporation™!Zappypantz03/11/2010 - 18:20

So if 2dboy isn't going anywhere after it's world of goo. Does that mean someone will eventually pull the plug on this site? Or will this place still be here?

Re: Tomorrow Corporation™!GMMan03/12/2010 - 14:45

Looking at the main page of 2D Boy, why do I think the background has been updated?

Re: Tomorrow Corporation™!!03/12/2010 - 18:11

OH GOD.

HOW THE HECKING GECK DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS.

TOO. MUCH. WIN.