THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!gooflamer05/06/2010 - 21:23

The humble indie bundle has 5 indie games for any price you want to pay(Like the World of Goo birthday sale)!
Game 1.World of goo(the main reason I started this topic)
Game 2.Aquaria
Game 3.Gish
Game 4.Lugaru HD
Game 5.Penumbra Overture
So what are you waiting for? Go to http://www.wolfire.com/humble today and get the bundle! and remember that the money goes to 2 charitys witch are Childs play and Electronic Frontier Foundation. This offer ends on the 11th so don't stall! Buy it now to get it all!

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!GMMan05/09/2010 - 16:46

They've added Samorost 2 as well. If you've already downloaded your games, you may want to check again to download Samorost 2.

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!Soultaker05/09/2010 - 20:35

Awesome deal, to be sure. I just wish I could also purchase the free time needed to play all of those for the price of my choosing. :P

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!Pavke05/09/2010 - 21:39

[quote author=Soultaker link=topic=2819.msg17279#msg17279 date=1273455328]
Awesome deal, to be sure. I just wish I could also purchase the free time needed to play all of those for the price of my choosing. :P

Best catchphrase I've hear in a while! :D

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!Pavke05/11/2010 - 14:21

The Humble Indie Bundle bank account has reached $1,005,571 just 40min till the end. Biggest donation is $3333.33  :o  :o  :o

They said that they would release source codes of Gish, Penumbra and Lugaru is they reach $1,000,000. I hope they keep their word :)

EIDT:  Gish, Aquaria, Lugaru, Penumbra, all go open source!!

Last modified Tue, 05/11/2010 - 15:31 by Pavke
Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!Nicosmos05/11/2010 - 15:44

This is just awesome.
... and if World of Goo went free software too, it would be just the most awesome thing in the universe. :D

No data nor levels, but the code, the engine, the game platform. Free levels, free goos, free graphics, free music, the community can make it.

Eventually, there would be 2 WoG:
- The Original World of Goo, sold for 20$ like now, with great graphics, brilliant levels, awesome goos and beautiful music.
- The Free - like in 'free speech' - World of Goo, with community made levels/graphics/goos/music/chapters/...

If 2D Boy do that, I think I will wear a t-shirt « I love you 2D Boy » every day. A different one, each day, of course. And if they can't do that now because this is their only game and income, considering that in some months/years would be absolutely amazing. ;)

Last modified Tue, 05/11/2010 - 15:47 by Nicosmos
Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!gooflamer05/12/2010 - 18:28

The H.I.B has been extended! It will now end on the 16th! If you missed your chance, you have more time now!

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!RabidZombie05/15/2010 - 10:37

World of Goo is the only game in the bundle which isn't Open Source.
Lets make World of Goo free (as in speech)!

With there already being no DRM, this isn't going to lose you any revenue, and it will allow enthusiasts to improve your game (better mod support, bug fixes, multi-mouse multiplayer). This might even sell you a few more copies!

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!GMMan05/17/2010 - 14:03

I bet those guys are worried about when WoG 2 would be done. By releasing the source code, people can just skip buying WoG and go directly to WoG 2 (though that doesn't even seem likely).

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!Pavke05/17/2010 - 14:58

[quote author=GMMan link=topic=2819.msg17357#msg17357 date=1274123036]
I bet those guys are worried about when WoG 2 would be done. By releasing the source code, people can just skip buying WoG and go directly to WoG 2 (though that doesn't even seem likely).

Open source doesn't mean free game.  "free as in 'free speech', not as in 'free beer'"  - Audio and graphics will remain the property of 2D Boy, only the games engine is open.

That means if you want to play the game you have to buy it, if the it's open source that means you can change it to your liking,

- Like "add a 6 Chapter button" and "add more stats like moves and time next to goo count"...

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!Zappypantz05/17/2010 - 17:52

Cool

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!GMMan05/20/2010 - 09:43

@Pavke: I know, but what I mean is they won't get revenue on WoG 2 because people will skip directly to it instead of buying WoG first.

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!RabidZombie06/07/2010 - 05:48

I doubt anyone here has the dedication to completely replace all the resources.

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!shinger06/15/2010 - 05:46

Hallo guys,

First of all world of goo really rocks im addicted to it. But i had one question.

Ive bought world of goo using the humble indie bundle, how can i get world of goo in steam.
Because valve announced that steam will also be availible for linux soon (im a linux(ubuntu) user) and if im not wrong you could also purchase world of goo using steam store. But its kind of vague if i have to buy the game twice. Usually you could add it to steam using the serial key of a game.

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!thB06/15/2010 - 06:38

World of Goo does not have a Steam key (at least not the versions that are not released on Steam), so yes, to get it on Steam, you have to buy it in the Steam store.

Re: THE HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!GMMan06/21/2010 - 16:39

Just install the Linux packages from 2D Boy. Why would you want crappy Steam-DRM anyways?