Which games would be better with added goo?

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Which games would be better with added goo?Ballisticsfood10/09/2008 - 16:46

I think the title is fairly explanatory. Which other games do you thing would benefit from a little gooey lovin' ?

I'm sticking with the idea that led me to create this thread and going with Bioshock. Goo plasmid? I'd want that. Just imagine the elegant art deco style of an underwater utopia with lots of little towers of black goo striving to reach the ceiling. You'd be able to set up traps with slowly collapsing towers of goo, or stick Big Daddies to the floor (or walls) with some lovin' goos. It would be immeasurably better. And hacking would be more fun (Mom, anyone?)

So, your own ideas on the games that really should have goo included, added or integrated. Who knows, maybe we could get Fallout 3: Gooey edition.

Re: Which games would be better with added goo?Dil99910/09/2008 - 17:22

Little big planet with gooey physics!

Re: Which games would be better with added goo?Frederic10/09/2008 - 17:43

Think of civilization with goo spreading over continents, building bridges over the oceans and gooing other nations....  ??? :o

Re: Which games would be better with added goo?ChrisGrenard10/10/2008 - 13:09

Armadillo Run, hey it's already a physics game using sorta similar principles...

2D Worms games.  Use 3 of them as a replacement for a girder.

Garry's Mod, duh.

That one game where you crash a car into a wall, or push a guy down some stairs.

Re: Which games would be better with added goo?Ranneko10/11/2008 - 00:56

Pontifex. I can glue my bridges together with goo structures.

Re: Which games would be better with added goo?SplinterOfChaos10/11/2008 - 02:41

Resident Evil, the original. What's more scary than virus infected goo balls that build structures to cage you in and teach you advanced algebra based physics?

What? You want to use trigonometry to solve this? NO TRIG ALLOWED!
What's this calculus you're using? NO CALC!

Also Unreal Tournament. Don't tell me you can't think of uses for goo in Unreal.

Mutant Stormthemacmeister10/11/2008 - 04:19

Would love some 360° goo blasting goodness!

;D

Re: Which games would be better with added goo?shadow10/11/2008 - 04:55

Realistic thinking: de Blob and spore

Bizarre but uber awesome creative imaginative way of thinking: COUNTER STRIKE!!!

Think about it! It'll be like gooey paintball awesomeness!

Re: Which games would be better with added goo?Marius10/11/2008 - 05:43

Tetris. But something similar (Tetris with bouncey physics) already exists: Tryptich, it's called. Check it out. It's nice :D

Re: Which games would be better with added goo?Ballisticsfood10/11/2008 - 07:20

[quote author=ChrisGrenard link=topic=282.msg2305#msg2305 date=1223662177]

Garry's Mod, duh.

Oddly enough I put in a request for a Lua gooball to the facepunch forums. Gmod clearly needs goo.