Feedback & suggestions

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
Feedback & suggestionsRichiH10/11/2008 - 09:19

Some random feedback from playing way too much:

* The time machine bugs only revert build steps. They will not restore the last situation, especially momentum gained. That can make going back in time useless as the tower will still fail or whatever.

* The time machine bugs fly too near to where the action is. When things become frantic, you will sometimes hit the bugs, by chance

* A way to select a specific type of ball is desperately needed

* Balls fly can gather ridiculous speed when thrown/bouncing. It would make sense to tone that down a bit.

* When you are finished
** and the pipe stops sucking, it will not start sucking, again
** you can' click signs, any more
** you can't undo, any more

Re: Feedback & suggestionsSplinterOfChaos10/11/2008 - 10:53

The pipe shouldn't keep sucking after the level's over. It keeps sucking until there's no more goo bridge to it. If it didn't stop, you could just drag goos to the finish line and cheat.

But, yeah. I don't like not being able to click on signs. Or restart the level. I HATE trying for an OCD on a level that has an unskipable cut-scene.

Re: Feedback & suggestionsron10/11/2008 - 11:24

@splinter
you can actually skip the cutscenes after you watch them once by clicking the mouse button.  if you exit from the game and then go in again, you'll need to watch it again, but only once, after that you can again skip with a click.  it's a little annoying, i know.

Re: Feedback & suggestionsFISKER_Q10/11/2008 - 11:55

Well in my opinion some of those goo balls are kinda hit & miss as far as learning them is concerned, would be cool if there were a more dedicated schooling with the different gameplay elements, obviously unlocking as you progress.

I really hope they reconsider trying to make high resolution work, cause i've tried it and it's awesome, well besides for the bugs :)

Re: Feedback & suggestionsSplinterOfChaos10/11/2008 - 13:36

The dedicated schooling is an interesting argument. I have yet to come across a level I haven't been trained for, and the variety is part of what's great about the game, but I could be trained for harder levels with more dedicated schooling?

Re: Feedback & suggestionsMarius10/11/2008 - 15:47

[quote author=RichiH link=topic=297.msg2378#msg2378 date=1223734798]* Balls fly can gather ridiculous speed when thrown/bouncing. It would make sense to tone that down a bit.
While you sort of have a point, I strongly disagree with changing it now. In some levels, it has quite a gameplay impact*, and changing it now would make some scores harder to achieve.

*lol

Re: Feedback & suggestionsDil99910/11/2008 - 20:44

'harder' is an understatement I think.

Re: Feedback & suggestionsMarius10/12/2008 - 04:20

Aye, I should have said impossible.

Re: Feedback & suggestionsFISKER_Q10/12/2008 - 09:10

A specific save-game feature could be nice, something along the lines of:

Coming back to a place where you didn't finish will automatically start you where you left off.
You can save/load in the game (á la quicksave/quickload)
And for completing the level you could let one have several saves, so you can really test out stuff.