When you think of Goo...

You are viewing a static copy of the old 2DBoy forum, which closed in 2010. It is preserved here for historical interest, but it is not possible to reply to topics. For more recent discussion about World of Goo, visit our new forum.
When you think of Goo...Gooscar10/11/2008 - 11:12

I personally think of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadbury_Creme_Egg

Additionally, I can't help but think of what the little Goos would be doing if I wasn't helping them along. And it's similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8s1OCghguU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1owgaEfjzF0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5e7tDJ18k&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSMrH5PMXg4&feature=related

Then of course, there's the question of "What happens when Goo goes bad?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06PXIPFrgeg&feature=related

What do you guys think of when you think of Goo?

Re: When you think of Goo...jooboy06/02/2009 - 15:35

I was thinking you've missed a trick there 2D Boy ?!? U should have got involved with marketing Cadbury's Goo Creme Egg like products by releasing a promotional disc with a few Creme Egg based levels, using goo blobs with yellow centres and white outers that drip or melt over a period of time?

I see they're still marketing Twisted bars... get in there. (don't forget my lifetime supply of chocolate and video games for the "idea").

Hope to see expansion levels for WOG soon (off to read the forums now, cheerS)

JoO BoY

Re: When you think of Goo...floppybelly06/08/2009 - 17:22

When I hear the word "goo" (or at least when I heard it before being introduced to the game) I always think of gross bodily products, like mucus...

And then when I first started the game, the goo-balls in the transport container at the end of the level immediately reminded me of bubble tea! Please tell me I'm not the only one who's seeing this, if you've ever had bubble tea before it's rather obvious!

Attachment: bubbletea.jpg (6.86 KB, 250 downloads)
Re: When you think of Goo...Stickybomb6706/08/2009 - 20:02

:D :D :D :D :D
Goo-d!

Re: When you think of Goo...DEFE06/09/2009 - 00:55

Hey Floppybelly, what exactly is bubble tea? It looks like tea with little balls of gelatin or something like that at the bottom. I've never seen anything like that.

Re: When you think of Goo...floppybelly06/10/2009 - 13:59

[quote author=DEFE link=topic=298.msg12898#msg12898 date=1244526955]
Hey Floppybelly, what exactly is bubble tea? It looks like tea with little balls of gelatin or something like that at the bottom. I've never seen anything like that.

Bubble tea is an Asian drink. It comes in many flavors, and is named bubble tea because of the bubbling process that is used to give it its smooth texture. It can be served sweet or sour, hot cold or slushy, with milk in it or without, and in just about any flavor combination. But the signature trait are the large black tapioca pearls (boba) that are put into it. They're wonderfully chewy, but must be cooked to perfection in order to have the right texture. You don't want them turning out like overcooked pasta! Some people also add small lychee-flavored gelatin cubes to the more fruity flavors, along with the boba. It is served with an oversized straw, in order for the boba to fit.

Some interesting flavors to try include:
Chocolate, mocha, taro, red-bean, black tea, passionfruit, lemon, peach, green tea, honeydew.

Last modified Wed, 06/10/2009 - 14:02 by floppybelly
Re: When you think of Goo...Stickybomb6706/11/2009 - 08:47

[quote author=floppybelly link=topic=298.msg12927#msg12927 date=1244660377]

Bubble tea is an Asian drink. It comes in many flavors, and is named bubble tea because of the bubbling process that is used to give it its smooth texture. It can be served sweet or sour, hot cold or slushy, with milk in it or without, and in just about any flavor combination. But the signature trait are the large black tapioca pearls (boba) that are put into it. They're wonderfully chewy, but must be cooked to perfection in order to have the right texture. You don't want them turning out like overcooked pasta! Some people also add small lychee-flavored gelatin cubes to the more fruity flavors, along with the boba. It is served with an oversized straw, in order for the boba to fit.

Chocolate, mocha, taro, red-bean, black tea, passionfruit, lemon, peach, green tea, honeydew.

That sounds delicious!
I think you've effected me inversely; Whenever I think of bubble tea, I think of Goo!

Re: When you think of Goo...jmleleven06/11/2009 - 11:25

The Cadbury Creme egg videos are really funny. GOO. GOO! GOOOOOO!!!!!

Re: When you think of Goo...Stickybomb6706/12/2009 - 09:42

I liked the mousetrap video. SPLART!

Re: When you think of Goo...jmleleven06/12/2009 - 12:43

No Cadbury Creme Eggs were harmed in the making of those videos. (They wanted to!)

Re: When you think of Goo...DEFE06/12/2009 - 18:49

[quote author=floppybelly link=topic=298.msg12927#msg12927 date=1244660377]

Sounds like an interesting beverage! I'll have to try that if I ever see it anywhere.